Is this the final nail in the Mayors Coffin ?

Started by seaton, April 17, 2015, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: steveL on April 18, 2015, 04: PM
"Mr Wright said: "I would expect all elected representatives, especially Labour Party representatives, to honour and uphold the highest levels of honesty, integrity and professionalism.

"I would also expect all Labour Party representatives to ensure that their behaviour does not bring the party into disrepute.

"These standards should be maintained without exception.
"

I almost choked when I read this. It's worth remembering that Mr Wright's office refused to help the four tribunal claimants and he himself has never uttered a word in their support or in condemnation of them being paid less than the minimum wage by a Labour councillor.

The perfect example of "Don`t do as I Do.... Do as I Say" from the jumped up flaccid "Member"..... he truly is the worst MP this town has ever had.

DRiddle

I hope Iain Wright and the Labour group are investigating BOTH the Akers-Belchers in this inquiry as opposed to just Stephen.

The reason being is that if Christopher knew NOTHING about the real reasons for Stephens sacking, then Stephen is guilty of withholding significant information from the leader of the council (which caused significant embarrassment to the group and council as a whole).

Conversely, if Christopher knew EVERYTHING about the real reasons for Stephens sacking, then Iain Wright and the Labour group need to establish that Christopher played no part in coming up with the fabricated cover story.

If Christopher knew nothing about any of it (which one would assume will be his claim, no matter how implausible that sounds) . . . Then he's setting Stephen up for what should be dismissal from the group for lying.

However, if it could be shown that he knew all about it and was tacitly complicit with the whole web of deceit then . . . Iain Wright (and any Labour councillors with a spine) have just been handed a perfect opportunity to get shot of BOTH of them.

If they do it before May 7th, they might JUST save large sections of the Labour vote.

Go on Carl, here's your chance ;-)

not4me

Great in theory but since when has lying been a reason to throw someone out of the Labour group?

Hartlepudlion

Well Stevel As far as the GE is concerned it's becoming more likely that

VOTE LABOUR       GET SNP

Fancy! Nicola Sturgeon as a ghost PM.

Off track a bit, sorry

Copper Pipe

Everyone must face up to it, the local labour group is investigating a member of the'local labour group', and that 'local labour group' favour everything that SAB tells them to.

Councillor Carl will be happy with his chairmanship so he to will favour a summary that clears SAB of any wrongdoing.

Iain Wright is going to loose votes in May because of SAB so I can understand him trying to oust SAB but, it all comes down to the ' local labour group' and they will find nothing wrong and the enquire will run past the election.

Face it the labour group is SAB, with spinless money grabbers as members.

Lord Elpus

All of this could have been avoided if CAB had displayed true leadership, instead of covering Steven's ass (metaphorically speaking).

Monkeys mate

Total diversionary tactic. Any chance of the HBC opposition in the council chamber will be knocked back with a 'we will await the internal review process report' answer. They can drag this on until such time as it won't effect anyone's political position. Once Wright is re-elected(which he absolutely will because of a diluted vote) they will sell their comrades down the river, or draw them deeper into the fold with yet another 'sweep it under the carpet' result. The self serving labour councillors will do as they wish as that's what they can do.
It may sound as though I don't believe in change being possible - I absolutely do. I just don't get that feeling that the political will can overcome apathetic people of this town. I don't think many of them have a clue what a political system does to affect them. They prefer to sit and complain and vote as they always have (or just don't bother).

I follow local issues in media and on this site and I think I have a good grasp of local and national politics but I have absolutely no idea what those standing in my ward are saying about themselves or what they want to do. I have lived in my property for 8 years and have received 6 election leaflets (local and GE) in total. One of those was for piston this year. If people across the town don't get a chance to read a different opinion then they will never change their vote. ( I hate it when a post goes 'off topic', so sorry!)

The Great Dictator

Wright is trying to save face before the election having ignored the behaviour of his own council for the last 4 years.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

There's always a funny side.

Apparently at the Mayor's farewell do last night, the Hartlepool Male Voice Choir invited the guests to join in with a 'sing-a-long'.

Among the ditties offered for Stephen to sing along to were 'Pack Up Your Troubles' and 'I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside' (presumably, Portsmouth).  ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Angie has pleaded guilty for offences committed while she was a member of the Labour Party for crimes related to money paid to MRA with approval of the Labour Party.

The Labour Party have not reacted to this, so I see no hope of anything being sorted when it comes to the SCABS.

Rotten to the core ?

steveL

Wilcox was never sanctioned in any way by the Labour Group - she resigned saying that she hadn't done anything wrong, that the whole thing was affecting her family and that her name 'had been dragged through the mud'.

It seems to be a characteristic of the Labour Group that they don't DO reality.

Mr.E

This News article in the Express posted today 19th of April 2015

QuoteCommunities Secretary Eric Pickles has brought in new laws to make it easier for local authorities to sack senior members of staff without having to lavish them with bumper settlements.

He hopes it will also see an end to the "revolving door" culture that sees former executives taking up new well-paid posts immediately after leaving.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/571420/Town-Hall-fat-cats-Pickle-scraps-days-golden-goodbyes

seaton

I think he or both of them will be suspended pending further internal enquiries, after the elections they will be cleared of all wrong doings.

fred c

The case against SAB is cut & dried really, lying to his employer resulted in his sacking for Gross Industrial Misconduct, his vanity got the better of him & his TV appearance & the resulting video is difficult evidence to argue against, couple that with his lies surrounding his appearance chairing the Appointments Panel & it would make it difficult, even for Clarence Darrow to defend him

His "months later" allegations concerning his whistleblowing, that were investigated by the Police & an independent Expert & were found to be groundless give rise to his lack of moral capacity.

It would be really difficult to believe that either of them can get away with what has gone on, for The Dear Leader not to have known about what "Handsome Lying Ste" was up to, stretches the imagination a long long way, its a case of, dammed if he did & dammed if he didn`t.

The top & bottom of it is the Hartlepool Labour party have been caught out & are in a very difficult position, the last 4 or 5 council meetings have made people in Hartlepool realise exactly what The TorLab Mob have been up to, the dysfunctionality of those meetings are the at the crux of the problem & any attempt to whitewash this over will only result in massive disquiet at the next full council meeting.