PHF Manifesto Questions

Started by Balotelli, April 03, 2015, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balotelli

"UKIP are trying the US 'Tea Party' style of politics. Lots of buzz-words and  appeals to public sentiment. "

PHF are also trying the US 'Tea Party' style of politics. Lots of buzz-words and  appeals to public sentiment.

Agree the Labour lot lurch from one disaster to the next, largely of their own doing.  They're grossly incompetent and that's being kind.

steveL

Dear me...this is like Groundhog day, James. After all, you've had 12 months to come up with a different trolling tactic.

PHF only have 5 councillors yet, along with other Independents, they have done something that hasn't been seen in years by providing a genuine opposition to Labour. If you haven't noticed this fact then you simply haven't being paying attention.

The two UKIP councillors have been little more than bookends in the council chamber following the lead of the Independents. They've discovered that neither the EU nor Immigration ever come up for debate in the council chamber which has left them with nothing to talk about. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Balotelli

Steve,

Not trolling.  My first questions about the manifesto were very genuine.  Nobody has answered them.

This week I've been disgusted by David's tactical voting campaign.  Regardless of whether UKIP in their current guise in council are harmless, stupid or however you want to describe them.  If they gain more seats in Hartlepool, this will further excite the interest of the national party in town.

Nigel Farage already has one eye on the place and if he thinks his party can gain a foothold in council, he will throw money and stronger candidates at the place.

I've noticed that today PHF have been using their social media platforms to deny encouraging people to vote UKIP.

Below is my response:

David Riddle providing Town of Hartlepool Challenge with figures.

David Riddle explaining that he would like to see people voting UKIP in certain wards.

David Riddle defending this stance.

Shortly after David Riddle provided his figures, this meme was circulating online amongst Town of Hartlepool Challenge and PHF supporters. NOT by PHF candidates or councillors I will add.  This meme has no imprint with details of publisher or election agent, but given the figures provided by David Riddle, it appears to be a de facto publication on behalf of David Riddle.

The Green Party candidate for Manor House suggested the proper democratic approach.

beanzontoast

MK1 is correct when he says PHF are a local issue group, and therefore have no need of a manifesto, a point worthy of note is it matters not which party is voted for if the end result is to remove Labour if that is achieved it would be a monumental achievement, I have a great respect for Lilley, Brash, and Riddle, but Lilley and Brash have been councillors for some considerable time with much experience perhaps councillor Riddle may also have been in the same boat as the 2 UKIP councillors  if he hadn't been taken under their wing, we have been shown nothing but contempt by all.

DRiddle

Contrary to popular belief James, I don't run the whole of social media. Unlike your pal Harry who thinks he does. My personal view is a tactical vote is needed to get labour out. Judging by the poster thing others agree.

Balotelli

Tom,

David is being nice enough to tell people to vote for your party but he's also telling everyone you're too thick to be a danger.

What he's effectively saying is, don't vote for this shower of thick ****'s, vote for this thick lot instead.

It's very disrespectful of you and any UKIP candidates but also hugely disrespectful to the democratic process.

Balotelli

Never said you did David.

DRiddle

That's a lie Mr Campbell. At no point have I said 'thick' or anything to that effect. Don't resort to lying to gain your Green mates another 3 or 4 votes.

Also, the screen grabs above don't give the true CONTEXT of the discussion I, and others, we're having. It was a conversation about the merit, or lack of it, of a tactical vote.

Some agreed, some didn't. It's called debating.

Finally, if you SERIOUSLY think the Green Party can win in Manor House you need to give your head a serious shake. I'll be surprised if they get 50 votes.

fred c

The biggest problem faced by Hartlepool is the flaccid "Member" & the dysfunctional ruling coaltion aka. The TorLab Mob.

It's about time we stopped all of the petty bickering & used our votes in a logical manner, that means "Voting Tactically".

Personally  i don't give a mokeys who replaces Shighty..... just as long as we get rid of him, looking at the local elections the same reasoning applies, getting shot of any  members of The TorLab Mob is extremely  important if the town is to break  the stranglehold the present shower of s***e have on the running of the town.......

The TorLab Mob will rubbing their hands at the way the opposition are bashing each other...... FFS.... Put it to 1 side until we get the them out.

DRiddle

I wouldn't waste your breath on James Fred. Just yesterday he said it's more than likely he'll vote . . . . Labour.

Which considering he likes to think he has his finger on the pulse regarding local politics is laughable.

Balotelli

I think you'll find I said I'd probably abstain. The comment that followed was meant to be humour.

However, if it's looking like UKIP or PHF are in with a sniff I might have to vote tactically  :o

Do you get the joke now?

BTW - I actually think that as much as it's a clear bit of electioneering, the crossing on West View Road is a massive improvement to the local community and deals with an accident and injury blackspot.

You managed to do anything like that in your ward David? Remember where it is even?

beanzontoast

MK1 looking through posts I have not replied to your question re the bells, it was quite a simple matter really the truth of the matter was a complaint by 2 residents of Seaton the church bells were ringing out at all hours including the early hours from midnight to dawn, to cut a long story short I had a word with the vicar who informed me the clock mechanism was faulty and would be rectified next week I informed the residents and they were quite happy I even gave money for the repair no great who har, someone though posted a defamatory article and who that was I can't find but I wonder if it might be.

grim reaper

You're right Fred, FFS indeed.  :(
The trolls on here would rather continue in their snidey back-stabbing than face up to the very real problem we have - getting rid of the goons in the chamber and the worst MP we have EVER had.  >:(

It's no wonder this town has been Labour for 50 years, I can see another 50 looming. FFS!  >:(

Say what you like about young Riddle, he is a breath of fresh air in that council chamber and he has, in my mind, galvanised a couple of other cllrs into giving the Lab/tor imbeciles a shock to their complacent systems. Those attacking the 'establishment' deserve our support, not belittling. FFS!

Balotelli

Riiiiiight..

You signed a letter that 25 other councillors across all parties signed.

Some interesting comments from readers there too.

Make sure you keep fighting on the surgery front, IIRC the contract for Hartfields surgery is up again next March.