Riddle to stand in the Victoria Ward against Carl Richardson

Started by DRiddle, April 06, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty767

Oh look, it's the bullyboy MK1.

Do I need to check in with you every time I post so you can vet it?

Who am I supporting by having a dig at Riddle? How does that work?

You know who my mates are? Errrrrrr, no, you don't. You know naff all about me.

The word arrogant comes to mind.................again.

mk1

Quote from: monty767 on April 08, 2014, 09: PM

The word arrogant comes to mind.................again.

Thats two thoughts you have had in a single  month. Congratulations!

monty767

MK1.

Is your daughter still writing your one liners?

Here's another thought.........Juvenile. That's 3.

DRiddle

I guess what most people find bizarre, is that a few fellas, a few weeks before an election, 'infiltrate' a political forum.

The 'new' lads all are advocates of NOT voting. They blog about it, preach it as a mind set, and spend time telling everyone who'll listen NOT to vote.

They're talking mainly to a bunch of people in one form or another who are politically active.

Some on here are councillors, ex-councillors, would be councillors and so on.

There are leaders and active members of political groups on here daily.

James et al, what exactly are you trying to achieve? You're like a bunch of vegetarians campaigning in a butchers...

stokoe

Rugby boys david lad say no more they go on about your mate.In beer they are the biggest p**s heads and idiots walking.

Jamescampbell78

QuoteRugby boys david lad say no more they go on about your mate.In beer they are the biggest p**s heads and idiots walking.

As far as I know (I don't know Monty) I'm the only one of the three this statement is levelled at who has played rugby at any sort of frequency to be called a rugby boy.

I haven't partaken of alcohol since early January (1 bottle of beer), before that Christmas Day (4 bottles of beer).  Before that it was probably August when I had a bottle of wine over the course of a week on holiday.  When I was a lot younger I did frequent the bars in town, go daft have a lot to drink and act like a bit daft but I don't remember doing anything to deserve the title biggest p***head walking and I was generally respectful of other members of the public and I think the worst I did was a bit of criminal dancing. 

I would generally say that rugby lads are one of the few groups of lads in drink you could get away with calling an idiot/biggest p***head walking and NOT get knocked on your backside, they'd more likely just laugh at you.  Rugby lads tend to have a bit more respect than that, or they certainly did when I played the game.

QuoteI guess what most people find bizarre, is that a few fellas, a few weeks before an election, 'infiltrate' a political forum.

The 'new' lads all are advocates of NOT voting. They blog about it, preach it as a mind set, and spend time telling everyone who'll listen NOT to vote.

They're talking mainly to a bunch of people in one form or another who are politically active.

Some on here are councillors, ex-councillors, would be councillors and so on.

There are leaders and active members of political groups on here daily.

James et al, what exactly are you trying to achieve? You're like a bunch of vegetarians campaigning in a butchers...

Not voting and staying silent is being politically inert, not voting and explaining why you're not so that people can make an informed decision on your behaviour is being politically active.

Inspector Knacker

Not voting renders you politically inert....not voting and lecturing thr world and his donkey  as to why you didn't vote renders you.....politically inert still...!
Democracy has it's flaws but is still better than the options available....and while we have democracy you change the system by voting.
Politicians love the irony of the campaigner who stands outside the window chuntering. Discussing politics with a knot of like minded souls and deciding the  way forward is to do nothing but 'go on a bit'  is more Wolfy Smith than the Messiah....
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

tankerville

"It is better to remain silent

and be thought a fool,

Than to open one's mouth

and remove all doubt".

Mark Twain.

Jamescampbell78

"To do what one has always done and expecting a different result is stupid"

Not sure who.

There's a few on these boards could take heed of Twain though.

mk1

It is  'Einstein's' opinion on insanity  but  it seems the saying is much older than him.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 09, 2014, 02: PM
"To do what one has always done and expecting a different result is stupid"

..To do nothing whatsoever and expect a different result is beyond stupid.

.....in this case, only if you keep voting for the same candidate. You repeatedly confuse the candidates with the the system. It's like someone getting severe sunburn and therefore assume the sun is bad... so do away with the sun...see the bigger picture

HarryBlackwood

RIDDLER5. Ridiculous statement. Here's how it is to make it very very simple for you . . .

POLITICIANS ARE ALL THE SAME (well 99%) Tories and Labour two cheeks of the same ar**.

Independents are generally political chancers who are in it for themselves. History shows they achieve nothing

To quote Lenny Cohen: Everyone knows the deal is rotten. Old black Joe still pickin cotton.

Whether it's staying in luxury hotels (Alex Salmond) defrauding the taxpayer (Maria Miller) or taking us into an illegal war (Blair) they are ALL in it for themselves.

Vote and you get a self serving psychopath.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 08, 2014, 09: PM
I judge a man by his actions.
Well as you're advocating not voting, we can judge you by your inactions....couldn't resist I

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: HarryBlackwood on April 10, 2014, 10: AM
RIDDLER5. Ridiculous statement. Here's how it is to make it very very simple for you . . .

POLITICIANS ARE ALL THE SAME (well 99%) Tories and Labour two cheeks of the same ar**.

Independents are generally political chancers who are in it for themselves. History shows they achieve nothing

To quote Lenny Cohen: Everyone knows the deal is rotten. Old black Joe still pickin cotton.

Whether it's staying in luxury hotels (Alex Salmond) defrauding the taxpayer (Maria Miller) or taking us into an illegal war (Blair) they are ALL in it for themselves.

Vote and you get a self serving psychopath.
We had this non voting before by proxy when we elected H angus ..... you can't deny his victory was the local electorate basically saying none of the rest........if H angus had stood alone he'd have been lucky to come second. Instead...the publicity stunt was elected.

fred c

Just as a matter of Interest.........

Does anyone know when Carl Richardson actually had a Job ?