Riddle to stand in the Victoria Ward against Carl Richardson

Started by DRiddle, April 06, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamescampbell78

David,

You're starting to come across as a PHF version of Alistair Campbell.

tankerville

Judging by what has been said it looks like we might have a prospective Lord Charles in the Council Chamber I'm sure people remember him, he sat there while someone else did all the talking for him.

Sound familiar?

Pwilson

notenoughsaid

After the last few weeks of abuse and turmoil on this site ,a man makes a humorous announcement re-his father standing for election and he is called dishonest (reference to Alastair Campbell- is he a relative James? )a puppeteer and infact a ventrioloquist on his old mans behalf makes me laugh. Some of the recent posters are little more than disciples/puppets of Mr.H.B themelves and blow with the wind.   Bring back Lord Charles and Ray Allen and good luck to the Riddlers and Hartlepool.

Interested

Here, here!!

I personally found it quite humorous and definitely caught me by surprise  ;)

Dave, it doesnt matter what you do at the moment people will look for every opportunity to discredit you (and maybe even your dad now)

People have badgered you for honesty throughout, when they get it they still attempt to push it further and make counter claims.

Well folks, its out there now ----------------- Let the battle commence.

Good luck to the Riddle family - Change is what we need right now, heres hoping we get it  :) :)

tankerville

I quite agree we do need a change.

But when we do have someone advocating fire & brimstone within their election leaflets or on social network sites such as this one. Then.

Having 'hopefully' succeeded in being elected they then become part of the same old structure different name different party but finding themselves in the same political role as the person they've replaced.

There are councillors in this town who are rarely seen or never mentioned in everyday conversation, and surely that's what it's all about, being held to account by the electorate.

It's no wonder people in this town don't even bother to vote. Why should they.

DRiddle

Thanks, although to be honest people can think of me whatever they want.

I know what I've done so far and what I stand for. People can hide behind anonymity or take pot shots at me from their keyboard all they want. The way I see it, they can do that all they want.

In the mean time, people who vote can judge me by the following:

(1) The fact that I looked council 'chiefs' square in the eyes and asked a question which referenced corruption and The Manor Residents Association.
(2) The fact that I first introduced in the council chamber the idea of an inquiry into registrations of interests (which happened).
(3) The fact that I didn't give an inch when faced with blatant intimidation from Councillor Hall. (I laughed in his face).
(4) The fact that the only way the Labour Group could shut me up was by changing the constitution to ban supplementary questions.
(5) The fact that I showed certain people to be blatantly telling lies in the gypsy meeting at Hart Village.
(6) The fact that I asked a question to Marjorie James which made her bolt from the lectern like a scalded cat without so much as giving anything NEAR to an answer (and she's never been the same since).
(7) The fact that Private Eye magazine backed me on an issue and put HBC into their 'rotten boroughs' section.

I could go on but you get the point.

People on here have been calling for someone to get into that chamber, show no fear and take on Akers-Belcher and the mob.

I think you've missed the point a little, I've been doing that for about 18 months.

I think I have a lot of qualities that would make me a decent councillor.

The main quality being spherical and plural.

tankerville

Well said. But your not standing for election it's your father John Riddle and as I implied why should someone else be speaking for him.

We don't need puppeteers there are enough in the council chamber already. If your father is standing for election then should not he's views be made known?

And certainly not what you to expect from him.

I've never hid behind anything in my life. I look people straight in the eye and tell them exactly what I think, courteously of course.

Over the many years that has included Cleveland Police. Mayor Drummond & Ray Mallon Council Officers from the bottom to the very top past & present. I still have all the Tee Shirts to prove it.

DRiddle

Than I respect all of that tank. Mr Riddle (Snr) is out of the country for a couple of days, and HTH is blocked abroad to prevent DDOS attacks.

So I was just passing on the 'announcement' he was running for that reason.

Mican

Quote from: tankerville on April 08, 2014, 11: AM
Well said. But your not standing for election it's your father John Riddle and as I implied why should someone else be speaking for him.

We don't need puppeteers there are enough in the council chamber already. If your father is standing for election then should not he's views be made known?

Where in the post has DRiddle spoken for his father and where exactly in the post has he made any views known, political or otherwise?

john riddle

Quote from: pensionater on April 07, 2014, 07: PM
Driddle you obviously do speak for your father or else he would have announced it himself instead of you playing silly games.
Sadly my son does not speak for me or vice versa. I had thrown my hat in the ring after a long absence from the political scene. My prime concern is to serve the people of the ward in which I live. Is that the wrong attitude to have after such a long absence?

monty767

Always judge a man by the company he keeps. Sorry D.Riddle, I know who your mates are, says a lot about you.

Jamescampbell78

Quote(reference to Alastair Campbell- is he a relative James? )

I was sick in my mouth a little bit reading that.....

The only thing he and I have in common is a shared opinion on Mental Health issues.  He almost redeems some of his other misdemeanours on that front.

mk1

Quote from: monty767 on April 08, 2014, 08: PM
Always judge a man by the company he keeps. Sorry D.Riddle, I know who your mates are, says a lot about you.

Always judge a poster by the  posters  he routinely supports. I know who your mates are,  says a lot about you.

Jamescampbell78