Riddle to stand in the Victoria Ward against Carl Richardson

Started by DRiddle, April 06, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I know that all of he Labour Mob read this site, but just to clarify with 100% certainty Mr Riddle will be standing against Carl Richardson and whoever else is going for it in the Victoria Ward. Let's hope for a good clean campaign.

May the best man win.

Lord Elpus

That'll be Carlos looking for some new trainers.  He always used to bum a pair of Cllr Ron Watts old joggers.

Who knows he may even be able to buy a new pair now he's no longer married to Mad Dog.  This will be a ward to watch,

Jamescampbell78

Jeff

Good Luck Dave.....Shame we won't have you in Hart Ward
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

stokoe

DRiddle

Thanks Jeff, although just to clarify, the Mr Riddle who will be standing against Carl Richardson in the Victoria Ward isn't me.... It's my father, John Riddle.

He used to be a councillor back in the late 70's/early 80's back in the days when they had decency and did it to help people, not for money or self interest.

As for my involvement, I guess we'll have to wait and see if/where I pop up. ;-)

The Great Dictator

There was far more corruption in the 70s and 80s than there is now and they got extra just for turning up.

Jamescampbell78

David,

Why the ambiguity in your original post?

It might be a bit of political gamesmanship but it comes across as a little bit slippery and dishonest to me.

DRiddle

Hi James,

Yes it was just an 'innocent' piece of political gamesmanship. When you've witnessed the kind of tricks and smear campaigns PHF have been subjected to over the last couple of years, you'll understand why the gloves are off this year.

As I understand it the local Labour group now have a situation where two of their front bench heavyweights are suddenly facing realistic, proper, organised challenges from two very different types of opponents.

Personally, I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall in committee room B when Carl and Marj battle over who's getting the lions share of the foot soldiers to help them defend their wards.

I bet there hasn't been a tug of war like that since they used to fight over who had the majority of the duvet...

tankerville

I live in the Victoria Ward and since the past elections I have only ever seen one of the Councillors in three years asking someone in Hart Lane directions to the Civic Centre!

Another the Independent Councillor for Jesmond Ward on being elected he was going to go into the den roaring like a lion now he's become just another little pussy cat all curled up around the fire licking up the cream.

When are we going to get someone with balls enough to take a firm stand against this Labour Lot?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp addressed to. On second thoughts forget it. It won't happen.

pensionater

A few questions Driddle,a)does your father live in Victoria ward & b)his he putting his name forward because he believes he can help Hartlepool,or is it so he can help his son?.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on April 07, 2014, 11: AM

it was just an 'innocent' piece of political gamesmanship.......................

There are those here who will find fault with you no matter what you do.
Do not be fooled  by requests for 'clarification' which are just hooks to try and  start another bunfight.

DRiddle

QuoteA few questions Driddle,a)does your father live in Victoria ward & b)his he putting his name forward because he believes he can help Hartlepool,or is it so he can help his son?.

Why don't you ask my dad. I don't speak for him. He's been on the council 3 times already (back in the day) when it was MOSTLY decent people who did it for the good of the town.

[quoteWhen are we going to get someone with balls enough to take a firm stand against this Labour Lot?
][/quote]

I don't claim to be William Wallace or anything, but I think my credentials over the last couple of years in that department have been proven.

I haven't seen too many people asking questions about corruption and calling for the major to resign in the council chamber lately. Although I guess you can't even if you wanted to, they've banned questions.

Jamescampbell78

"There are those here who will find fault with you no matter what you do.
Do not be fooled  by requests for 'clarification' which are just hooks to try and  start another bunfight."

Easy solution to that, tell the full story and there won't be a hook for anyone to hang their hat on.

pensionater

Driddle you obviously do speak for your father or else he would have announced it himself instead of you playing silly games.