Mr Allison released statement on election defeat.

Started by The Shadow, May 12, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow

I have just read the statement put out by Mr Allison, the Party Secretary of Hartlepool First on their website regarding his defeat in the local elections.

If you do not have a spare 10 minutes to wade through it, I have summed it up for you below.
http://youtu.be/qS7nqwGt4-I

Stig of the Seaton Dump

...are you sure that isn't the mayor speaking ???
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on May 12, 2012, 03: PM
...are you sure that isn't the mayor speaking ???

Could well be...trouble is that it's hard to tell without punctuation ...multiple 'erm's in particular...

Inspector Knacker

Looks like the Stalker is preparing for the next election.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Shadow

Stephen Allison - May 3rd
Quotethis is my first and last post on this forum as all it really is is a "bait and flame" site. The trolls dangle some bait, they get a nibble and then flame the responder. They don't really want any debate, they just want to throw insults about.

Nibble, nibble.  ;)

The Great Dictator

Local celebrity ?

Does that mean the Shadow is Jason Anderson ???

8) 8) 8)

notinshadow

Mr Allison while your here can I ask a couple of things about this please.

Unless above and beyond normal duties then any of Hartlepool First's elected representatives will not claim any additional expenses. Any special responsibility allowances payable solely as a result of a position within the party will be donated (net of tax and NI) to party funds

1, Is that infact the case in this instant?
2, Do councillors get extra money, just because they are leaders of their own party?

mk1

Quote from: testicles on May 13, 2012, 03: AM
Local celebrity ?

Does that mean the Shadow is Jason Anderson ???

If he is then we now know why so many people want to punch the bugger!

notinshadow

Here we go again.. ;D

Leave him alone you bully.. 8)

The Great Dictator

LLTA, only the leaders of the majority and opposition groups get special allowances, in this case Christopher akers belcher from labour and jeff lilley of PHF..

notinshadow

NO..oooo

So er how much is that worth then?

The Great Dictator

Not certain but about £5000-ish each ?
The 2 main party leaders do a lot more work than you would think..

notinshadow

It's worth what..70 quid a week or something isn't it after tax and N.I.

Hardly lining his pockets is he is, if he has more work to do then what's the problem.

If he does hand it over then 10k comes in handy next election time.

Straight Talking

Majority Group Leader    £5,767
Principal Minority Group Leader    £3,461
Secondary Minority Group Leader    £3,461

So Ray will get the same amount as Geoff. But as I have  already said on another thread, if allowances go up, these amounts will also go up.

You should also stop saying that this is for being leader of their party, this is not true. This is about leading and managing the group of councillors that they have.
So assisting with the smooth running of the administration of HBC.

The political parties are something slightly different and in some cases will have different leadership.

dangerman

Reading about what has been said on Councillors may I make the following comments?

You try and make out it's some sort of secret what Councillors actually get paid for, It's is there on public record if you are of the impression that it's easy money then think again It's not.

The time factor of doing this job and I say job because it is just that, is that you are never away from work if you walk out the door then consituents approach you for all sorts of reasons, some nice, some abusive, what are YOU doing about this or that, like you have a magic wand to wave.

Meals interupted answering the phone, personal callers at the door. the list goes on and on. family and friends are also targeted by constituents who come out with insults that would not be tolerated in any work place.

I know first hand because of a friendship with a past serving hard working councillor he was even approached at his sisters funeral, to sort something out in his street, he handled it far better than I would have done.It was hardly the place or the time, tears streaming down while taking note of the complaint.

Take note; If you think it's an easy ride and money for nothing then give it a try. It may come as quite a shock to the system. It's not the job is 24 hours a day.  seven days a week.  four years or more. I wouldn't do it after seeing what he's put up with over the years he served.

I once asked him why he bothered his reply was I Care about where I live and the people... Think on it!