Drummond's Dilemma

Started by steveL, May 05, 2012, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Quote: "Unlike your own Party's campaign, where solo bagmen could be seen trudging the streets day after day."

Fox's travel alone ......sheep move in flocks.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2012, 07: PM
Quote: "Unlike your own Party's campaign, where solo bagmen could be seen trudging the streets day after day."

Fox's travel alone ......sheep move in flocks.

Suppose we could make excuses for Straight Talking's ungracious mutterings - after all, there is a full moon...

mk1

Dumbo's dilema is that Marj has cut off his bollocks. In essence he is completely friendless and powerless. Granted he can still cause The Manor Mafia  a few  problems but he is a dead man walking.
Things must be bad because the mob at The Bunker are getting nervous and are reduced to making threats to give Ged Hall a black eye when he is next encountered.
They sense the wind has changed and the monkey has been rumbled.

notinshadow

MK1 I didn't understand the Mayor being able to give the Manor mafia a few problems comment.

How..and why..

rabbit

"Dumbo's dilema is that Marj has cut off his bollocks"

Ah! Monkeynuts,

Delicious with some farty beans and a pint of Strongarm.

mk1

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 05, 2012, 08: PM

MK1 I didn't understand the Mayor being able to give the Manor mafia a few problems comment.

How..and why..

I said he could..not that he would.
In my time if someone did me over I made sure I found a way to return the compliment. By that I mean everyone (and I do mean everyone)  cuts corners.  A close  look at the relevant rule book/conditions always threw up areas where you could start chipping away.
Dumbo at the very least could ask them to explain their 'equal opportunity' employment policy and I always found the sexual discrimination rules allow you to raise concerns even where no breaches existed.
You get my drift. Dig hard enough and you find something. At the very least you keep the buggers busy running around responding to your concerns.
Petty minded but very effective.

notinshadow

Now I understand fully your point MK1

Have to agree.

rabbit

In Post 8 here, I hinted at the possibility of one of the new Hartlepool First councillors being raised to Cabinet Level by the Mayor.

After all, they are the second largest political party in the Council, and hold about one eighth of the total councillor seats.
As there may be nine councillors in the Mayor`s cabinet, it follows that one of these could be a Hartlepool First person.

The cabinet could consist of 6 Labour, 1 Hartlepool First, 1 Conservative and perhaps an Independent.

Of course the Mayor may not wish to have this arrangement, but it would give the opportunity for the New Party to have a say in major decisions.

We must however remember what has happend to the Libe Dems by cosying up to the Conservatives in the Westminster Cabinet. Not really the same though, is it?

fred c

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 05, 2012, 07: PM
Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2012, 07: PM
Quote from: Straight Talking on May 05, 2012, 05: PM
Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2012, 04: PM

Think it means Internecine shenanigans between the differing factions in the labour group.

You really should stop trying to make things up Fred, there is no problem between members of the Labour Group. They have just won an election. Various members of the Labour Group could be seen working right across the town on behalf of each other. Unlike your own Party's campaign, where solo bagmen could be seen trudging the streets day after day.

What you should remember is, there is no greater unifying force than a common enemy.

Ah.....so you were in need of unifying were you?

I'd give this one up if I was you. We all noticed at the count just what heavy drinkers you guys are and just how willing you all were to share your views after a few undisiplined pints. As a Party, discretion does not seem to be one of your strong points.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID, but if you want to think so carry on

I`m not sure about this.... maybe someone can enlighten me  ::) ::)

But if Caps are used... isn`t it considered to be SHOUTING ?   >:( >:(

I hope S T hasn`t lost his rag over something  ;)

testing times

I rather get the sense that Councillor James is against anything that she sees as a dilution of her own power and that of her Scrutiny Committee which has long since ceased to limit itself to its designated function. A bully if ever there was one.

I don't really see the point of having any returning Labour members of the Cabinet because, as MK1 rightly states, they are now little more than eunochs.