Drummond's Dilemma

Started by steveL, May 05, 2012, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Bit of a poser, this one.

Does he do what everyone expects and re-appointment the Labour members of the last cabinet? Now that they have demonstrated their subservience to the Manor Mafia what would be the point - especially as Mad Dog and her poodles wants to do away with the elected Mayor position altogether and is now effectively running a council within a council.

Other people resent the money Drummond earns but Mad Dog resents the power drain from her Scrutiny Committee.

The Cuckoos would prefer the Planning Committee if recent events are anything to go by.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

No..

He will keep it at 3 until his offloaded the football ground, as then when his not mayor anymore people will think he did good..

Well the Pools fans anyway..

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2012, 12: AM

The Cuckoos would prefer the Planning Committee if recent events are anything to go by.

I hope you finish the expose soon. Remember, you have been warned. He has good lawyers!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 05, 2012, 12: AM
No..

He will keep it at 3 until his offloaded the football ground, as then when his not mayor anymore people will think he did good..

But will  the sale be approved?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I can`t see why he shouldn`t, after all if difficult decisions need to be made the Labour cabinet members can always offer their input, & when the vote comes, do what the Gaffer tells them & abstain.

It`s ironic, the highest opinion the people of Hartlepool have had of the Mayor, was when he sacked the labour cabinet members, it`s also ironic that several of them happen to be the best of the labour bunch, by a country mile.

rabbit

I suppose this has been raised before but I note that the sacking of the cabinet six took place about two weeks after Chris Simmons stood down as Leader of the Labour Group being replaced by Ged Hall

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/labour-leader-resigns-1-4228200

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-17181822

Did this reorganisation of the Labour Group result in a change in attitude towards a previously proposed budgetl?

notinshadow

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 05, 2012, 02: PM
Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 05, 2012, 12: AM
No..

But will  the sale be approved?

I have no idea but if the cabinet got binned and straight away this topic comes back up, it would seem to me that Drummond may want to give it away whilst he has all the obsticles out of the way.

Hill is for the sale I would guess, as she has shares in Pools..

fred c

Quote from: rabbit on May 05, 2012, 04: PM
I suppose this has been raised before but I note that the sacking of the cabinet six took place about two weeks after Chris Simmons stood down as Leader of the Labour Group being replaced by Ged Hall

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/labour-leader-resigns-1-4228200

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-17181822

Did this reorganisation of the Labour Group result in a change in attitude towards a previously proposed budgetl?

Think it means Internecine shenanigans between the differing factions in the labour group.

rabbit

Perhaps Chris Simmons foresaw what was likely to happen and he didn`t want to carry the can.

Meanwhile in the Mail:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mayor-says-he-holds-no-grudges-1-4518478

Would any of the famous four stand a chance of getting in?

Odds of 4 in 33, or 1 in 8

Straight Talking

The decision on the Football Ground will be decided by full council.

The land is owned by the Borough Council on behalf of the people of Hartlepool.
Personally I can't see why a long lease (99 years) is not sufficient for the needs of IOR.

The only reason you need to own something is so you have the right to trade/sell it at a later date.

Straight Talking

Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2012, 04: PM

Think it means Internecine shenanigans between the differing factions in the labour group.

You really should stop trying to make things up Fred, there is no problem between members of the Labour Group. They have just won an election. Various members of the Labour Group could be seen working right across the town on behalf of each other. Unlike your own Party's campaign, where solo bagmen could be seen trudging the streets day after day.

What you should remember is, there is no greater unifying force than a common enemy.

Straight Talking

You can ask, but no one is going to tell, as this would be used to prevent them participating in the debate and decision.

Stuart - can't vote
Cath Hill - shouldn't vote

There is to be a full briefing of all members - to bring them up to speed - its a few years since council discussed it and of course there are new members who have never discussed it.

Then there will be a public meeting to debate the issue and a recorded vote, so everyone will know how each Councillor voted.
It will be interesting to see how many opt out and abstain or absent themselves from the meeting.

steveL

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 05, 2012, 05: PM

You really should stop trying to make things up Fred, there is no problem between members of the Labour Group. They have just won an election. Various members of the Labour Group could be seen working right across the town on behalf of each other. Unlike your own Party's campaign, where solo bagmen could be seen trudging the streets day after day.

What you should remember is, there is no greater unifying force than a common enemy.

Ah.....so you were in need of unifying were you?

I'd give this one up if I was you. We all noticed at the count just what heavy drinkers you guys are and just how willing you all were to share your views after a few undisiplined pints. As a Party, discretion does not seem to be one of your strong points.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Straight Talking

Well thats ok then isn't it?

Straight Talking

Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2012, 07: PM
Quote from: Straight Talking on May 05, 2012, 05: PM

Ah.....so you were in need of unifying were you?

I'd give this one up if I was you. We all noticed at the count just what heavy drinkers you guys are and just how willing you all were to share your views after a few undisiplined pints. As a Party, discretion does not seem to be one of your strong points.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID, but if you want to think so carry on