Wonder why?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, July 05, 2021, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: diSme on July 07, 2021, 09: AM

Obviously it is a criminal offence to sell class A drugs, whereas it is not an offence to sell lanyards, so your comparison is tenuous at best.
Well it should be. Issuing these things without any medical authorisation is a sick joke.

Regarding the visors, there are valid medical reasons for people not being able to wear those either. It's not just about the ability to breathe.
Well I've tried to think what it could be, I can think of none. If it's not about the ability to breathe, then they can slap a mask on.
I swear that if this was 1940, there'd be people complaining about not being able to turn their garden lights on for a party as they think the whole Luftwaffe bombing us thing is all made up.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on July 06, 2021, 10: PM
How exactly is a person supposed to prove it?

Good luck with that took three days of calling our doctors surgery to get a PHONE CALL from a GP for them to decide if they would make time available for a face to face appointment......to advise on  a neurological issue.

Yoo have no chance of a GP doing anything unless you rock up at the surgery door and collapse.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 07, 2021, 11: AM
You're missing my point, Disme. I'm perfectly aware that GPs don't issue exemption certificates. Also that lanyards are readily available. I'm not even sure just how valuable masks may (or may not) be - could they be the 21st century version of garlic warding off vampires? What really concerns me is how so many people have handed their own sense of responsibility to the government/police/authorities and now wait to be told what to do. Can they not think for themselves - consult their own conscience before making a decision?   
Absolutely. Your final sentence should also apply to whether or not a person chooses to be 'vaccinated', and also whether or not to wear a mask/visor or any other form of 'PPE'.

Whatever did happen to personal responsibility??
I believe everything and nothing

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 07, 2021, 12: PM

Obviously it is a criminal offence to sell class A drugs, whereas it is not an offence to sell lanyards, so your comparison is tenuous at best.
Well it should be. Issuing these things without any medical authorisation is a sick joke.

Regarding the visors, there are valid medical reasons for people not being able to wear those either. It's not just about the ability to breathe.
Well I've tried to think what it could be, I can think of none. If it's not about the ability to breathe, then they can slap a mask on.
I swear that if this was 1940, there'd be people complaining about not being able to turn their garden lights on for a party as they think the whole Luftwaffe bombing us thing is all made up.

Medical professional are you? Just because you can't think of a reason does not mean that none exist.

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on July 07, 2021, 12: PM
Quote from: diSme on July 06, 2021, 10: PM
How exactly is a person supposed to prove it?

Good luck with that took three days of calling our doctors surgery to get a PHONE CALL from a GP for them to decide if they would make time available for a face to face appointment......to advise on  a neurological issue.

Yoo have no chance of a GP doing anything unless you rock up at the surgery door and collapse.
I've been through it myself, on several occasions now. It's dismal to say the least...... :-\

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: diSme on July 07, 2021, 05: PM

Medical professional are you? Just because you can't think of a reason does not mean that none exist.
No I'm not but are you?

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 07, 2021, 07: PM
Quote from: diSme on July 07, 2021, 05: PM

No I'm not but are you?
No, but I am aware of situations and conditions where even visors are not suitable.

Inspector Knacker

I'm not, so name them.
To be fair, I've always needed to be conversant with respiratory equipment as part of my job description and had several arguments over people in charge who wanted to opt for the cheap option out of ignorance, or those who just didn't want to wear the kit who we called the awkward squad.. I suspect a large percentage of these DIY exemptions are the 'awkward squad' too.

diSme

There are numerous psychological conditions to which exemption applies. Feel free to look them up yourself.

Inspector Knacker

We're like two goats head butting, let's just agree to disagree.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 08, 2021, 12: PM
We're like two goats head butting, let's just agree to disagree.
Haha, yep, absolutely fine by me mate. I'm well aware a helluva lot of people are taking the p**s, but that's unfortunately detrimental to those who genuinely aren't.

I will say nothing further on the matter.  :D