Full Council Meeting 28th September

Started by admin, September 04, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Next meeting of the full council is scheduled for Thursday, 28th September at 7pm in the Civic Centre

steveL

Quote from: DRiddle on September 29, 2017, 06: PM
Clarkie was quite outspoken on here about the current cabal.... before he joined them.

I have a business idea of recording one of Alan Clark's speeches and selling it as a lullaby for babies. What do you think?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on September 29, 2017, 06: PM

I have a business idea of recording one of Alan Clark's speeches and selling it as a lullaby for babies.

I have been told this scene is an authentic reconstruction of an incident where someone shouted at SAB in Chamber and he ran and  hid in the cloakroom. The women from HR had to run after him and deliver this pep-talk. Dialogue verbatim from a live mic  that SAB forgot he was carrying.........

https://youtu.be/PpnhX8zQDAM?t=12s

Inspector Knacker

There's always those so grovellingly insecure and desperate to be part of the clique they'll surrender their principles, dignity and morals to throw themselves onto or even under a bandwagon. Once done, cannot be reversed, forever tainted by their mercenary self promoting instincts. Like plutonium on your carpet, best avoided.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I just thought i'd mentioned Carl's contribution form Thursday night. Regarding contacting the Department of Work and Pensions about work capability assessment's he piped up about the film 'I, Daniel Blake' and shot a look over the the non-coalition side of the chamber. "I hope this vote goes through unanimously" he said as his eyes scanned across from me, to James to the Ukippers.

I'm not sure what he was expecting to be honest. I certianly wasn't going to get to my feet and even try for a second to defend a policy which has contributed to the deaths and sucicides of tens of thousands of people. Somewhere down the line, if a left of centre Labour government does take power, i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility there could be a criminal prosecution involving the policy.

That said, it does have a heck of a lot of support from the Conservatives.

Just not the ones in Hartlepool obviously...

A list of the 100% cast iron Tory policies which have been attacked by Labour in the council chamber, and then also condemned by R M-W would make interesting reading.

I'm waiting for local Labour to propose writing to the government urging them to re-nationalise the railways and re-opon all the pits.

Then Ray can read out his stock phrase of "Obviously the current policy on this issue is not fit for purpose, as a result the local Conservatives have no hesitation in supporting this motion..."

steveL

It was a good movie albeit with its own obvious agenda and message which you can either sign up to or not. Personally I welcome the message that it was portraying but I also acknowledge that it was a work of fiction and not a documentary. Carl clearly has a problem in knowing the difference.

It might have been an idea to remind everyone that the new Star Wars movie is out at Christmas and, for his own good, to remind Carl that it too will be a work of fiction.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on October 01, 2017, 04: PM

It might have been an idea to remind everyone that the new Star Wars movie is out at Christmas and, for his own good, to remind Carl that it too will be a work of fiction.

Perhaps he should watch this   'http://www.amber-online.com/collection/t-dan-smith-1987/'

A heartwarming story of a Labour politician taking backhanders from developers. Not fiction either.

steveL

One to make a note of......

The 'pre-meeting' meeting has now been moved back from immediately before each full council meeting to a whole week beforehand, it's original place in the Labour schedule. This Labour get-together had been moved to immediately before each full council meeting because at the time it was felt that allowing a full 7 day gap was allowing too many leaks to surface in the media  (wonder who they meant  ::))

Now Calamity Chris has decided that holding the meeting immediately before each council meeting doesn't allow him enough time to prepare his 'speeches' and that he thinks that he is not coming over as well as he should.

Unfortunately, moving the meeting's timeslot hasn't improved the content much or removed any of the inherent smell in the cess pit of personal gripes or spite. The last effort was a case in point.

A proposal was put forward by Lesley Hamilton and seconded by Dave Hunter to essentially say something nice, for etiquette's sake, about Paul Thompson and his contribution over the last seven years but Christopher was aghast at the very thought of it and especially 'after that letter he wrote about us'

To be fair, both Hamilton and Hunter stuck to their guns . . . until Calamity Chris played his trump card: "If anyone votes for this then they are voting against me" . . . a variation on the 'if you don't play by my rules then I'm going home and taking my ball with me" theme.

Needless to say, nothing nice, nothing at all, actually, was said about Thompson by anyone from the Labour Group and the sheep went back into their pen.

One last, rather obvious point. Shortening the gap clearly hasn't done much to stop the leaks either - so that's another success story for Calamity Chris  ;D ;D

DRiddle

Equally churlish and was the lack of a meaningful public send off for Trisha Lawton. I'm fairly sure i recall Carl saying "I suppose i'd better say something about Trisha..." then bumbling his way through a few token platitudes.

The rest of the Labour lot just kept their heads down and it was left to the other side of the chamber to show their thanks for both departing councillors.

I wasn't surprised by the ban on anyone from the Labour group saying anything about Paul. HBC is basically a caricature council and has been for some time. If it was a channel 4 sitcom or a cringe comedy like The office it might be funny, but it isn't. It's 90,000 peoples lives.

craig finton

I read that Cllr Lawton wasn't in favour of the 31%. Probably explains why she was not flavour of the month when she went.