Tory's on another planet

Started by Lord Elpus, April 10, 2012, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17661011

Is Osbourne for real, 'The chancellor has said he is "shocked" that some of the UK's richest people have organised their finances so that they pay virtually no income tax'.

He needs so speak to a few of his party members who have been avoiding tax since day one.

Is it just me, or is Osbourne taking the p**s.

steveL

. . . . it's a bit worrying to discover that almost the last person in the country to realise this is going on is the man in charge of the county's finances - but it isn't true, of course.

The overclass, of which George Osborne is part, have not only always known about this but are themselves the main perpetrators.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

Whilst interesting, this topic is in the wrong section of the forum. Please refrain from posting about national politics in the local politics board.

Not only does it go against the forum rules it also shows that you are doing what you accuse others of doing and dragging national politics into local politics. Highly hypicritical.

steveL

that reminds me . . . must have a word with Danny about the missing spell checker. ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

What was it Mr Allison once said? "When they can't attack me for my policies they'll resort to personal attacks". Perhaps you might take his advice Steve and save face.

steveL

oh, lighten up and work on your sense of humour. You're going to need it by May 4th.

The Shadow

I have a cracking sense of humour and no doubt I'll laugh lots and lots when the results are announced. Which reminds me, I must remember to speak to someone for a ticket to the count. Wouldn't want to miss that.

Ohh and please do get the spell check fixed

steveL

heh! heh! .... now come on, be honest. How may times did you read and re-read that post to make sure there were no spelling errors?   ;) - apparently the spell checker is suffrin from a teknical hich

The Shadow

I didn't. I just assumed I had made a spelling mistake like always.

Vincent

Olny  srmat poelpe can raed tihs. 

Cdnuolt  blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty  uesdnatnrd waht I was  rdanieg.

The phaonmneal  pweor of the hmuan mind.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at  Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll  raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs  is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I  awlyas  tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! 

for fawkes sake

Tell that to a dyslexic, KO?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

Quote from: for fawkes sake on April 11, 2012, 10: AM
Tell that to a dyslexic, KO?

I think Dumbo is dyslexic.
I once was on a trip to the Zoo with him. When he found out who I was he climbed  into a cage, picked up a small Gnu and  threatened to shoot me with it!

Posted by the 'real thing'.
Beware of imatations who register a  nearly identical name in order to gain credibility.

notinshadow

I don't think Mr Drummond is Dumbo at all, his kept the same job for ten years and rinsed us all.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Has anybody ever seen Benny from Crossroads and Dumbo in the same room ?
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: notinshadow on April 11, 2012, 02: PM

I don't think Mr Drummond is Dumbo at all, his kept the same job for ten years and rinsed us all.

Hitler was in charge longer than that.........