Extraordinary Meeting 13th October

Started by admin, September 29, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grim reaper

The more I think about the disgraceful antics in that chamber, the more I feel the apparent collusion between Mad Dog and Stubbs amounts to malfeasance in public office.  :o
Are they ALLOWED to 'set out their stall' prior to a public meeting and then pretend it is all 'off the cuff'?
Newcastle City Council won't kick up a fuss over the comments in the chamber because THEY are Labour controlled (CONTROLLED being the operative word) and they won't be allowed to rock the good ship Labour North-East.  >:(

We really have to move these people out next year. They have had far too long a run and produced zilch for Hartlepool, it's time for new blood. PLEASE!

Lord Elpus

No one should underestimate the damage done by Labours cunning plan for this meeting.  A number of HBC employees have told me they have had enough and are looking to go.

I think most have lost all faith in HBC leaders.  We are witnessing a 'house of cards' about to fall.

fred c

The Bottom of The Abyss is fast approaching.... WTF has Hartlepool done to deserve "The Deary Me Leader & The TorLab Mob".

What a complete shower of "Brown Stuff" we have running the town............

"What better example of the way the town has been controlled than watching (dead in the water clr) robbie payne on Monday evening, sitting with his head in his hands & then voting "Against" the motion......

Pathetic really.

beanzontoast

Well somebody is voting for them and when you consider Labour in government, brought in mass immigration,  and nearly bankrupted england, at the last Labour conference Ed Milliband forgot to mention immigration or the ecconomy, they believe they have never done anything wrong oh did I forget the human rights act, the council meeting re the mayor was no different ive done nothing wrong I guess it must be right then as again someone keeps voting for them, lets see if the red brick colour of the civic centre  starts to fade anytime soon

one direction

Quote from: grim reaper on October 16, 2014, 06: PMWe really have to move these people out next year. They have had far too long a run and produced zilch for Hartlepool, it's time for new blood. PLEASE!

Sadly the opportunity for new blood was thrown away when the people of Hartlepool decided a monkey mascot would make a good mayor.  In hind sight it was the best thing that happened to Labour in Hartlepool for a long time since they had all the power but without ultimate responsibility or accopuntability. Just look at who Drummond had in his cabinet and you see Labour never really lost control, his cabinet, good and true Labour almost to a man (and woman), well at least until the end of the cabinet systyem was in sight and the snakes turned on their own as they positioned themselves for post Drummond! There were some capable people sitting on the back benches but Drummond never looked much further than the Labour front bench for his team. The former tory lady from Elwick might have put up a better fight but she was always outnumbered and I think more of a token than anything else!

for fawkes sake

The lady you are referring to was actually an Independent. I can't remember her name unfortunately; she seemed very capable but was turned off by the behaviour of the sheep.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Jeff

I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

christine blakey

Hilary Thompson was definitely a token gesture.  Exactly the same as the rest on the cabinet, kept in line to keep her place. 

Absolute disgrace just like the others who allowed Drummond to get the blame (though she thought Drummond was doing an amazing job, which proves the point of token gesture) then do nothing about it.

seaton

Drummond surrounded himself with the usual buffoons, he realized this too late and before he do anything about he was out on his ear.

mk1

Quote from: seaton on October 19, 2014, 02: PM
Drummond surrounded himself with the usual buffoons..........

Birds of a feather.......

Lord Elpus

Quote from: christine blakey on October 19, 2014, 01: PM
Hilary Thompson was definitely a token gesture.  Exactly the same as the rest on the cabinet, kept in line to keep her place. 

Absolute disgrace just like the others who allowed Drummond to get the blame (though she thought Drummond was doing an amazing job, which proves the point of token gesture) then do nothing about it.

Cobblers, Hilary was a breath of fresh air and she always played it straight. 

SRMoore

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 19, 2014, 04: PM
Quote from: christine blakey on October 19, 2014, 01: PM

Cobblers, Hilary was a breath of fresh air and she always played it straight.

I agree with LE on this one. I have a lot of time for Hilary as she was a good councillor and very well thought of too.

I for one would have loved to have had her rejoin the Conservative Party and been another voice of sanity within the ranks

christine blakey

Hilary Thompson was like the rest, great in the right influential company.

After all, did she make the difference needed on the cabinet for herself or for Hartlepool?

Considering she did not object to the goings on within that gang speaks volumes.  Usual excuses, so although I would like to follow the sentiment, I for one, know of things she has done that was totally unbecoming of not only a cabinet member but a councillor.

Lord Elpus

Total, fur lined cobbler, Hilary stood up against the Mob and supported Drummond against the Comrades stitch up of the 2012 budget.

Hilary was one of the good guys, she was also intelligent and read her papers.  She's a sad loss to HBC.

not4me

Christine - try and get into the habit of ending your posts with the phrase 'in my opinion' because you have a habit of stating things as facts when all they actually are is your opinion - usually based on some personal vendetta.