Extraordinary Meeting 13th October

Started by admin, September 29, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

How typical of you Shane to try and have a poke at UKIP over their silence when you as a Hartlepool Tory have a far bigger problem to defend. UKIP voted with the motion - and your 3 councillors did what exactly?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jeff

Shane,

That is pathetic mate, at least UKIP had the balls to vote with the motion.  The Tories on the other hand are in the Labour Parties pocket, bet Carl and Mad Dog can't believe their luck. So don't try and tell me there's not a rabbit off?  What's in it for Ray?
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

SRMoore

Clav - I believe I referred to all of the "faithful sheep".

How typical of you, Steve to immediately go on the attack against me for stating that I had not seen either UKIP councillor make any indication that they wanted to make a statement. I was also all to happy to accept that I may have been wrong when Foggy stated otherwise. Tom [Hind] knows me better than most on here and he knows that if I had anything to criticise him for I'd tell him to his face. Indeed, I applaud the two UKIP councillors for voting in favour of the motion.

It's just a shame there are far too many here who are far too quick to attack me for daring to contribute and continually give me abuse for the actions of others and accusing me of defending them when I have done no such thing.

But hey, that's what happens when you let your blind hatred for someone/something get the better of you.

clav 73

I didn't attack you I said you where winding people up I maybe I should have put a smiley face with it and it's good to see you finally have stated ray is a follower of the scabs

Mican

Quote from: SRMoore on October 15, 2014, 09: PM
I applaud the two UKIP councillors for voting in favour of the motion.

I assume by your quote that you are in favour of the motion.  Now let us hear your condemnation of the Conservative councillors who once again voted with Labour, if you have the moral courage to do so, then perhaps people might be kinder to you when commenting on your posts.  Let us see you stand up and show the world what a real Tory is made of.   Then again.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 15, 2014, 09: PM
I assume by your quote that you are in favour of the motion.  Now let us hear your condemnation of the Conservative councillors who once again voted with Labour, if you have the moral courage to do so, then perhaps people might be kinder to you when commenting on your posts.  Let us see you stand up and show the world what a real Tory is made of.   
He can't. It would be political suicide if he did. I suspect the reasoning is that he is expecting to inherit Ray's role and thus become the puppet master. Its the way politics work. We can not be any worse off when Shane is holding George's hand up!
Besides which Shane has not got too many places to post that have as much local visibility as here. He will not be able to rekindle his fleeting flirtation with a well known local blogger as his twitter account has been inactive since October 1st.
Now I have criticised Shane as much as all of you but unlike all the other politicians who come here  using an alias he does keep posting. Perhaps the time has come to recognise his shackles and cut him a bit of slack.

steveL

There will always be tension when Shane posts on here - not that I want to discourage him. The tension comes from him being a proper Tory stuck trying to defend someone who isn't. Oh and it's not true that I hate Wells - that would imply some effort on my part which he doesn't deserve. He does however disgust me as I regard him as the summation of everything that is wrong with HBC.

One day Shane will actually do something to try and reclaim his party back from the carpetbaggers - when that happens he and I will get on just fine.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

George did raise his hand and tom had 20 copies of his statement and a specially printed t shirt  which read IVE DONE NOTHING WRONG.
Tom's statement and therefore impact relied on joining the gross misconduct with the Hartlepool radio fiasco as that directly impacted UKIP this was not going to happen because it was not going to go the distance impact lost

marky

Taken from the front page of The Post:

"I'LL HAVE YOU" CRANNEY THREATENS COUNCILLOR DURING EXTRAORDINARY MEETING
In a twisted way, it was somehow an appropriate end to the extraordinary meeting which had been called to debate the future of the current Mayor, Stephen Akers-Belcher.
During PHF Councillor Riddle's contribution to the debate, Cllr Kevin Cranney was clearly heard to say "I'll Have You" to Riddle. Then to the astonishment of all who witnessed it, Cllr Cranney walked across the floor to threaten Cllr David Riddle in full view of other councillors, council officers and, most importantly, more than 100 members of the public. Cranney had to be restrained by council officers but not before he managed a final "I'll see you later" directed at Riddle - a fitting climax to a meeting which had so fully exposed Hartlepool Council's Labour Group's open contempt for democracy (never mind any concept of 'doing the honourable thing') that it left them with little else to do but default back to their natural habitat of bullying and thuggery.

brassed off monkey

I suppose if driddle happened to have an accident, any accident, the plod would have an idea where to look first ?

craig finton

I notice that so far over a thousand people have watched the video of this meeting (1,043). Such a brilliant use of the Internet. I can't help thinking that Labour weren't thinking about video and that so many people would witness their pathetic attempt to by-pass democracy. They won the vote and lost the public.

Well done to whoever was on the camera.

fred c

I heard the comment.......The Mob are filming the meeting for "Legal Reason" from a fellow attendee on Monday .

What planet are these f**kwits from........they have resisted filmed meetings for. years......then the 1st one they actually want to be filmed.....they make a rip roaring James Hunt of it. :D

Ryehill

Without a doubt the local Labour Party made a massive tactical blunder on Monday which could cost them dearly next May. P.H.F./Independents were quite right to ask S.A.B. to stand down while his dismissal by Newcastle City Council was challenged. They even said that if he was cleared of any wrong doing then he would be re-instated as Mayor. This offer would have enabled him to step down with his dignity intact. Instead the Labour Party ,for some unknown reason, chose to fight the motion.I think this was motivated, not by common sense, but by a sheer hatred of anyone who opposes them. As for the Conservative group their actions are completely incomprehensible. They should be the natural opponents of the Labour Party,instead they seem to have a death wish. Well done to all those councillors who voted for the motion.

Land Phil

Conservative death wish ?  ...West Park will continue to vote Tory as much as the granddads will continue to blindly vote Labour.

steveL

I think a lot of people up there vote Tory as a statement of their own status - they certainly wouldn't vote Labour but come the General Election, and with no prospect of a Tory winning the seat, then a lot of them may well vote UKIP to get Wright out.