Extraordinary Meeting 13th October

Started by admin, September 29, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC082

I knew it was going to be a car crash but I guess the naive side of me was hopeful that the councillors would see sense and come round to a logical outcome.....They "againsts" should be ashamed of themselves, I actually felt sorry for Mary Fleet, she looked like a rabbit in headlights and kept looking over to the labour side of the room looking for approval and direction of what to do next....completely stitched up in my opinion.

As for the labour/Tory councillors.....Shame on you, sooner or later this will turn round and bite every single one of you in the backside.....You have publicly sentenced this town to ridicule and embarrassment and I hope you sleep soundly tonight in that knowledge....

And Marjorie Graham, what a rude and ignorant woman you are......I'm glad that you, Alan Clark and Alan Barclay found the whole thing funny....Arrogant and ignorant is the best description of your actions...

christine blakey

Well if threats were made, where were the police?

What was it for? 

Hope David is OK, he is a new father.  Sorry but can people really ru(i)n the council like this?

Hope the police will be involved and stop such antics.  It is the only way things are going to be resolved.  Just too much going on ignored and if the police do not act, then obviously, it will just resort to violence, even in the council chamber.  Wonder if the media will cover that bit?

Lord Elpus

Carl Richadson gave a brilliant impersonation of Nicolae Ceaușescu tonight, backed up by Mad Dog playing the part of Elena  Ceaușescu.

Although she was a bit wooden reading out the prepared question, not a lot of spontaneity.

not4me

Stubbs part in all this was a disgrace. It was a very rehearsed question and answer between James and Stubbs. Looks like you've sold your soul for a pension Dave and the sooner you are gone the better - sad end to a 40 year career.

Norfolkinchance

My first time in the council chambers tonight, probably be the last! I suppose with having no political bias, I can say with a great deal of honesty what disgraceful scenes the majority of elected party members, fellow townsfolk, believe it or not, displayed tonight!

I thought this meeting was about right from wrong, honesty and integrity above political bias, or gain. How wrong I was! 

This town has descended into total degradation, you wouldn't witness such scenes of contempt and imbecilic behaviour in a school yard, yet alone a council chamber. Snorts of derision and sniggering from one side of the chamber displayed absolutely disgraceful behaviour from some.

Unfortunately, to cap it all off Kevin Cranney thought is was Saturday night down in Church Street, after he made an ungracious attempt to accost David Riddle. After the harrowing events of the past week or so, I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed and I eluded this to Dave Stubbs, that kind of behaviour is shockingly unacceptable in Church Street, never mind the council chamber.

I have absolutely no idea where this elected town council goes next, we are the laughing stock of the country and no doubt the Cranney set-too will go viral soon enough!
#appalled 

Foggy

Aside from the main event of the evening there was a little side show which I am not sure a lot of people witnessed.

When the councillors were taking their seats Ray Martin - Wells strolled over to the Tory table and switched his and Brenda Loynes name cards (loudly) then looked proudly at the public with a smug grin on his face. Judging by his expression I can only assume he didn't wish to sit next to Geoff Lilley.

No Ray... we weren't laughing with you... we were laughing AT you!!

fred c

It was a complete travesty of the democratic process... a loaded question by Marge intended to stiffle a proper debate, it almost did, although the debate came from only one direction.

Carl, he of the Big Red Face attemted to bully & bluster the speakers into submission, but only managed to show everyone present that he is all wind & p**s.

Poor old Mary Fleet i felt sorry for her, "The Mob" set her up, & for that alone they deserve condemnation.

Her first thought & glance was to her left...  a what do i do now look that was noticed by all present, she did allow several further contributions by P Thompson, D Riddle & G Lilley, all to no avail, apart from making The Mob look like a platoon of "Stasi Henchmen"... they even had a number of the audience behaving like baying lap dogs in support of their disgraceful bid to circumvent the democratic process.

Goodness knows what the local & national press will make of the display by The Mob, once again they have shown how badly Hartlepool needs to get rid of Labour, tonights display has given even greater scope for UKIP to put an end to the flaccid "Members" parliamentary career.

Raymundo & his 2 acolytes did the usual & backed "The Mob" to the hilt, what the bloody hell Tory Central Office make of the unequivical supprt given to Labour is any ones guess.

Hopefully the camera will have picked up on Cranney losing the plot completely, only the deputy CEO stopped him getting into a confrontation with a couple of the proposers of the motion.......another one of The Mob to show himself up for what he is.

What a shower of s**t we have running the town....... only In Hartlepool & Only Under The TorLab Mob

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 13, 2014, 08: PM
SAB was on tonight's Look North - most unimpressive - came over as a whimpering six year old complaining to his mother that all the other kids were against him.

See it here from 13:18  :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04l2mg2/look-north-north-east-and-cumbria-13102014

mk1

The Mail have an article on it and it is very obvious from  the tone that the Love-in with Labour is finished.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/it-s-business-as-usual-bid-to-oust-mayor-of-hartlepool-fails-1-6894090

I just checked the viewing figures and the numbers are way up tonight, 160 guests as I write.

admin

For those that missed it. SAB's interview on BBC Look North.

Unbelievably, he repeats the claimed that he was dismissed over 'whistle-blowing'. Newcastle City Council will be fuming.

Interview starts at 13:15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04l2mg2/look-north-north-east-and-cumbria-13102014

marky

"The meeting ended with Cllr Kevin Cranney threatening Cllr David Riddle in full view of the public and other councillors and officers leaving several of those council officers having to restrain him. In a twisted way it was an appropriate end to the proceedings removing any remaining, lingering doubts within the public ranks that the present ruling Labour Group is in any way fit to govern this town."

Got it in one

christine blakey

Not according to Dave Stubbs?

Quote from the Mail article...

...Labour councillor Marjorie James asking the council's chief executive Dave Stubbs if, as the motion had said, the row with Newcastle City Council had damaged the reputation of the local authority.

She said: "The assumption is made in the motion that significant reputational damage has been caused. Can the chief executive confirm there has been any damage to our relationship with Newcastle City Council as a strategic partner?"

Mr Stubbs replied: "Our relationship with Newcastle City Council is as good as it has ever been."

At that point, Coun James then read a statement which said: "In view of that response, the motion has no substance or merit."

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/council-chief-disappointed-by-behaviour-of-councillors-during-meeting-1-6894113

Well I wonder how disappointed or agreeable Newcastle City Council will be that they were not asked for a quote when the question was apparently pre-prepared.  Then on the TV clip, it makes Newcastle City Council look like they are breaking the law by sacking a whistle blower. 

I think that Dave Stubbs should call the police in to investigate this thoroughly as after all, he does state he was disappointed with the behaviour of the councillors.  He is supposed to lead by example and if he has no control, he should turn to those who can do something to restore faith.

The Great Dictator

marky

"There were shouts of 'shame' and 'disgrace' as events unfolded and many others as the public bore witness to what is now little more than a sham of a council. Those people will now tell their families and friends of what they have seen and the result will not be good for Labour or Iain Wright as the party continues to self-destruct under the leadership of Christopher Akers-Belcher."

Any chance of a video?

ashamedtobebritish

Does anyone know if Mr Riddle is going to take the matter further regarding Clr Cranny behaving like a f*n*y. ?