Extraordinary Meeting 13th October

Started by admin, September 29, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on October 09, 2014, 03: PM

I still think they might bottle it and he'll go voluntarily over the next few days.

As we speak a desperate search is going on for an 'unrelated' (health?) issue that  forces the Dear Leader's Consort to relinquish his role for a short period. Given his history of waddling away from any conflict  (MRA Trustee and his Parade through the town) I suspect a funk is on the horizon

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on October 09, 2014, 04: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on October 09, 2014, 03: PM

I still think they might bottle it and he'll go voluntarily over the next few days.

As we speak a desperate search is going on for an 'unrelated' (health?) issue that  forces the Dear Leader's Consort to relinquish his role for a short period. Given his history of waddling away from any conflict  (MRA Trustee and his Parade through the town) I suspect a funk is on the horizon

Is being an extremely "Fat Boy" considered to be a "Medical Reason"????

"The Deary Me Leader" would appear to have first hand knowledge of "Medical Problems" that can cause an absence from "Gainful Employment"????

Personnaly i think they will attempt to bluff it out, but if the rest of "The Mob" want to retain any credibility, they should be seriously considering their positions in backing the Dynamic Duo.

Tommy

My prediction for Monday, based upon the press release from HBC for Stephens Ball at the end of the month visit (Mayors Ball thread).

The meeting will be well attended by Stephens friends and family, however those assembled will be particularly well behaved, probably with the odd snigger, the odd tut tut, the odd scowl or two directed at those that oppose Stephens stance.

The Mayor will open preceding, then stand aside ready to answer in a pre-rehearsed way the questions put to him. The Deputy to take over, with the full support and prior briefing by Council Officers as to what to allow to be answered. The questions will be defended by all the Labour members.

A vote will be taken, Cllr Ray Wells (also briefed beforehand by the Labour members) will vote and favor, the same as the Labour members. The opposition Cllr's will certainly try, however Council Officers will be taking notes for those that will be sat on the naughty stair for the months ahead.

UKIP even though they have been offered a golden opportunity to shine, referencing UKIPS mention in recent press reports, of which I am lead to believe both a Criminal inquire and a Council investigation is underway,however with all this recent ammunition will remain in a state of numbness (if the two UKIP Cllr's read this thread and want to prove this prediction wrong, well grow some and SPEAK UP!).

The meeting will end, Council Officers in attendance and those Officers typing and doing admin afterwards will be counting the extra wage paid as overtime at the end of the month, the Mayor will throw a thank-you get together directly afterwards.

Any thoughts UKIP?

Hartlepudlion

Don't be surprised if it all over in five minutes. An early resolution supporting the Mayor and it's all over. So much for democracy

Phil UKIP

I'm very pleased to hear that some of the councillors have managed to force a meeting today to discuss the mayor's position - which I believe is becoming more untenable by the day.

I think it's time the Mayor resigned as the council is in an absolute mess. Hartlepool Council is a laugh stock under this administration.

It's not just failure on the mayor's part but the whole way the council is run. Look at what has happened under this leadership;

•   The Mayor has been sacked from his day job for gross misconduct but yet continues to bury his head in the sand and says he carries on no matter how embarrassing it is for the local authority.
•   The Mayor, the labour and conservative leaderships are facing a police investigation with accusations of bullying a radio station for just having me come on the radio station as a candidate for next year's general election.
•   Scrapping of the 1.5 million local plan which has left Hartlepool open to a planning free for all on housing and wind turbines that is a major threat to the green belt.
•   The long running scandal of manor residence association. Involving various labour people. 
•   Labour councillors vote to increase their own councillor allowances when everyone else is struggling. What planet are these people on?

The whole council is an utter shambles the mayor should resign and frankly the whole leadership of the council should go too.

Phillip Broughton UKIP PPC for Hartlepool

crisstw

Are you going to the meeting tonight ? I very much doubt that our current MP will be there.....

one direction

So how will the two UKIP Councilors be voting?

seaton

Quote from: crisstw on October 13, 2014, 01: PM
Are you going to the meeting tonight ? I very much doubt that our current MP will be there.....

Yes it amazes me our MP doesn't get involved or comment on local politics, is he embarrassed by the mob ? The Mail never asks him for comments re council policy etc. I think he thinks he is now the big I am, local politics is below him now, watch out next year, you might be looking at accountancy position again.

Foggy

What an absolute disgrace!

As for a certain councillor's threat.... well that just shows the arrogance of the labour party!

Unbelievable!

christine blakey

Interested

What happened, i have been out of town for a while?

Could someone please update how the meeting went or didnt!!!!!!!!!

Lucy Lass-Tick

SAB was on tonight's Look North - most unimpressive - came over as a whimpering six year old complaining to his mother that all the other kids were against him.

Lord Elpus

Cranny made clear threats to David Riddle, two senior Officers had to get between him and Riddle. 

Interested

Did DRiddle touch a nerve with Mr Cranney??? :)

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 13, 2014, 08: PM
Cranny made clear threats to David Riddle, two senior Officers had to get between him and Riddle.

I presume it is all on camera and we will get to see it. I  know the next Private Eye mention is going to be SABs sacking and  thus Cranny is going to have to wait for his turn.