North East Ambulance Service

Started by not4me, May 05, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

It's all good news from this organisation these days.

Ambulance chiefs have been slammed after a report revealed 57 people were given frontline crew jobs despite having criminal convictions.

http://tinyurl.com/kzo6pkh

Jamescampbell78

I've asked Iain Wright a couple of questions on the ambulance service, still awaiting a reply.

They've acknowledged receipt though. Will post outcomes on here.

fred c

Our elected "Member" will reply to your question "James"  but to be perfectly honest you seem like a clued up fella to me & I have to wonder why, given the "Members" parliamentary track record you seriously expect a meaningful explanation of the present situation, not only the ambulance scandal but the health care of Hartlepudlians in general.

As a town we have been cast adrift by our "Member" & the Labour Council over the Hospital, the consequence of which is the obvious cause of the very poor ambulance response times, unfortunately there will be more & more examples of the last few weeks problems, resulting in more loss of life.

An old turn of phrase used by my Dad always springs to mind when I consider our "Members" parliamentary performance....."All Wind And P*ss"

Jamescampbell78

I don't expect a meaningful answer but since he was being openly critical of the service in a number of media outlets I thought I'd ask him what, if anything he'd done to prevent the scaling back of the local ambulance services and his opinion on my statement that one of the main causes of them being over stretched was the closure of the hospital meaning that ambulances were in transit for longer between base/incident/hospital and that less people were able to transport themselves to hospital.

I don't expect he even cares, but has been told to prod at the ambulance service by the party.

fred c

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on May 05, 2014, 02: PM
I don't expect a meaningful answer

I think your "expectancy" is about right.

The Great Dictator

A friend called an ambulance and hey presto, St.Johns ambulance turned up, how did that happen ?

titch

Wonder if that was the one parked up at Kirkleatham business park yesterday

The Great Dictator

The question is WHY did it happen, do St.Johns have 999 tapped ?

pensionater

St johns get funding from the NHS  pot,then provide  volunteer personnel.

The Great Dictator

You don't want them if you have a cardiac.

Lucy Lass-Tick

The rate things are going don't be too surprised if 999 summons a member of a guide/scout troop who's taking their first aid badge ...  :o