Not This Time

Started by ex Tory, May 06, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex Tory

For the first time ever I will not be voting for the local Conservative candidate in the Park Ward, or Rural West as it is now called, nor will I do so in future until they rid themselves of that obnoxious little man. I learnt over the weekend that he single-handedly wrecked the chances of Ted Jackson of receiving the Freedom of the Borough award for no other reason than personal spite and because of Ted's long standing work with the Park Residents Association. This was the last straw for me

The Great Dictator

Being a member of a residents association is not a good enough reason to get a Freedom Award otherwise another 300 people would be entitled to it.

not4me

isn't the point that it's not a good enough reason NOT to be given it either, which seems to be the case here. I think these things are supposed to be decided on things like a person's contribution to the co0mmunity or town not on the basis of personal spite.

steveL

Past experience of how these things are decided suggests that the whole process is about nothing else but the personal interests of whoever decides the matter. I'd say HBC has routinely shown itself to be incapable of making any decision objectively - they're the biggest bitches in town..
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: ex Tory on May 06, 2014, 10: AM
For the first time ever I will not be voting for the local Conservative candidate in the Park Ward, or Rural West as it is now called, nor will I do so in future until they rid themselves of that obnoxious little man. I learnt over the weekend that he single-handedly wrecked the chances of Ted Jackson of receiving the Freedom of the Borough award for no other reason than personal spite and because of Ted's long standing work with the Park Residents Association. This was the last straw for me

Your correct about the obnoxious little man.

Ted should consider changing his name to....

Ted Jackson Wells

It seems to work for the Conservative Parties local candidates...... yet another TorLab combination to make a mockery of Local Politics in Hartlepool

whatabouthisthen

I was wondering why Civic Honours are pinked - it must be the Council's favourite colour! Seriously though, why should they be? I understood pinks to be only for commercially sensitive material which I can understand but Civic Honours!!!

Are we in for shocks when they are announced as per Mandelson. Wilcox perhaps!  Can anybody enlighten us as to who is on the list?

I understand Cath Hill was discussed but turned down but may have a street or close named after her.

fred c

Cmon... being put forward for a "Civic Honour" by "The Dear Leader & The Mob" would be akin to being put forward for an award by Pol Pot for services to Academia.