Just a thought

Started by Hartlepudlion, November 12, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

Just been to the Stockton Campus/Infinity Bridge area for the first time and it is impressive. It struck me that Stockton has had and is having hundreds of millions of pounds spent on its regeneration. The High Street, the riverside and the many new roads. When did Hartlepool last get a new road? The A689 in the 90s?

We might do better if the town merged with Stockton. After-all Stockton has our hospital and we would be rid of the present leadership.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on November 12, 2013, 09: PM

We might do better if the town merged with Stockton. After-all Stockton has our hospital and we would be rid of the present leadership.
Be better still if those we elected grew a pair and started elbowing their way to the table and put the town first, instead of indulging in parish pump political bitching and back biting..... we don't have any civic leadership, just inert self publicity,while other authorities sail past us and over the horizon, leaving us floundering in their wake........ we are a joke .
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Imagine having an ethnic festival in Hartlepool  :-[

SRMoore

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 13, 2013, 08: AM
Quote from: Hartlepudlion on November 12, 2013, 09: PM

Be better still if those we elected grew a pair and started elbowing their way to the table and put the town first, instead of indulging in parish pump political bitching and back biting..... we don't have any civic leadership, just inert self publicity,while other authorities sail past us and over the horizon, leaving us floundering in their wake........ we are a joke .

^THIS!^.

I haven't read something I've agreed with so much on here in a long time.