We must protect 'Democracy'

Started by mk1, June 21, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The Teesside papers are fixated on the fact 2 councillor's cars have been set alight.
This is being used as an excuse to give all the fat cats
hightly motivated and driven individuals who have a passion for the local community extra police protection.
What struck me was the way Mallon has used this crime to launch a very  bitter attack on 'individuals' in social groups who are attacking councillors.
Do we have a 'High Tax Middlesbrough' site that has outed the silver-haired darling of the blue rinse Brigade?

steveL

There are a few of the 'community activists' that Mallon talks about on here - average age about 75 at a guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH24q95O00I
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

GXDN

I can't find anything similar to this site concerned with Middlesbrough but there are several interesting items if you search through Coogle and there seem to be quite a few people unhappy with how their town is being run.

popgoestheweasal.

Democracy is there such a thing you vote for your councillor or MP to represent you and then they represent themselves and there party.

marky

yea, you get one party or the other taking turns and the bankers running the show either way.

popgoestheweasal.

Great point about the bankers marky.