Referendum Talks

Started by craig finton, June 20, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

I see that the referendum issue is up for discussion at Thursday's council meeting. Should prove interesting to see how people are positioning themselves. I like this site :-)

not4me

I think this thread may confuse the UKIP guys....

popgoestheweasal.

Maybe a referendum on the football ground hand over might sort it out.

no6bus

Quote from: kipperdip on June 21, 2012, 05: PM
Absolutely no confusion N4M.
A referendum on whether we wish to endorse or reject that calamatous descision of saying 'YES' to an elected Mayor is long overdue.
This is an issue that affects us in Hartlepool - 100%

However, since you alluded to UKIP, I assume you mean the referendum that the whole country wants as to whether we stay in, or get out of the EU? This could 'even' be almost as important as to whether Drummond continues to take the p*** mercilessly while continuing to milk us dry of our council taxes?
Just a quick question - Do you think HOW we are governed and by WHO doesn't, at least, merit asking the nation their opinion?
I would have thought it was 'just about as important' as to whether or not we continue having our affairs decided by a Labour Party lackey with the political savvy of a fruit bat?

oh do behave, last years  money grabbers sorry councillors cost us.
Details of the amounts paid to each Member of the Council are published annually. The total amount paid to Members in respect of basic, special responsibility and travel and subsistence allowances was £442,533.05 (2009/10: £443,238.32). An analysis of the allowance payments is detailed below.                              
and what quality did we get for that, very little would be my opinion. as shown by our labour party scuppering a budget proposed by a committee made up of a majority of labour members.
you couldnt make it up!

GXDN

Have you read the story an the main page of this web site, Kipperdip? I don't really understand your point of view frankly. You call our councillors dinosaurs yet if you vote against having an elected Mayor, it looks like the executive power that he has will simply be handed over to one section of those dinosaurs you seem to despise so much. Actually, reading several of your posts, you seem to despise everybody so maybe I shouldn't single out councillors.