Waterfront Development

Started by UnknownUser, November 19, 2018, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnknownUser

Does anybody know when the works is planned to start?

After a quick Google:

The total amount spent on the redevelopment of the Waterfront site to date
is £107,777.24.

This includes the Waterfront masterplan, tourism study, public realm
design fees, site investigations and consultancy support.

£70,890 has been funded by Hartlepool Borough Council and £36,887.24 from
the Tees Valley Combined Authority.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

fred c

The labmob take great delight in telling us that the TVA are funding the Waterfront Vision (confirmed by Mayor Houchem in his interview with HTV)....What the labmob don't mention (ever) is the funding is from Central Government.

What amazes most people with all of the schemes this lot come up with is the fact no n of the grant money is ring fenced for maintenance.....Look at Church Street it has already started to look scruffy, the paved walkways in particular.

Grumblstiltskin

Fred, I drove up and down Church St to see what all the kerfuffle was about, my goodness, what a waste of time and money, and who thought to stick an elevated section that obscures the drivers vision next to a zebra crossing (the bit that now has to be repaired as someone hit it and knocked it to bits)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Who on earth got away with putting those dodgy cobbles down need shooting.

They had to be replaced outside the CIVIC ...could there be a bigger hint to the highways department that they are not appropriate.

Street lights are crap too.

A 5 year old with a my first Crayola town planning book could have done better.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: UnknownUser on November 19, 2018, 12: PM
Does anybody know when the works is planned to start?

After a quick Google:

The total amount spent on the redevelopment of the Waterfront site to date
is £107,777.24.

This includes the Waterfront masterplan, tourism study, public realm
design fees, site investigations and consultancy support.

£70,890 has been funded by Hartlepool Borough Council and £36,887.24 from
the Tees Valley Combined Authority.
Nothing concrete, studies and consultancy fees and hot sir.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Before we spend any more money on halucivisions,there is many a shithole in hartlepool needs doing,we all know them and I am not going to repeat.

Another one I seen today while driving along stockton street the black plastic visqueen waving about in the middle of the road for a 50 mtr stretch disgraceful. Another where Wagga was all the lorrys waiting to get dumped at the landfill,I bet a lot of people in the town don't know we get all the s**t from everywhere.sorry to say my home town is a shithole.

Devils advocate

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on November 19, 2018, 02: PM

A 5 year old with a my first Crayola town planning book could have done better.

SAB stopped up late with his crayons one weekend to design us a new town.

Disgruntled voter

Late for him is 10 minutes after 'in the night garden ' has finished on CBeebies .

Inspector Knacker

Funny thing is, it all seems to be piddling amounts for piddling visions.
I found it hard to find out how much the four other authorities are getting in planned investment, while they appear to be getting meaningful sums, we have Hinge and Bracket going around like two spinsters looking in a garden centre for something 'nice' with pocket money.
No wonder if there's regional money to be saved they head in the direction of Hartlrpool. Just go over to Hartlepool, shut something down, ship the jobs and services out. You'll have no trouble at all, there'll be no kick back from the local cardboard cut out politicians, tell em they'll get a better service by travelling miles and miles to access what they had on their doorstep.
I've heard of Champagne plans, Lemonade money, but when it comes to the grown up stuff they're lemonade plans, lemonade money.
The town deserves so much more than these performing monkeys dancing on it's hopes.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.