16 Candidates apparently.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 14, 2021, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Not quite sure of the source but worth a peek.

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/tv/the-michael-crick-report/64502/keir-and-loathing-in-hartlepool-can-starmer-keep-the-last-red-wall-stronghold-standing                                                                                                                                                       

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on April 14, 2021, 06: PM
Could we make this thread a place to discuss the pros and cons of the individual candidates?

Great idea- seconded.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Topcat

I noticed that Mk1 seems to be refreshingly absent from this thread, it's nice to see a sensible discussion without his incessant trawling through past posts to try to belittle any posters comments.

Inspector Knacker

The profusion of candidates always makes you a tad suspicious. It was to be expected, given the circumstances, but is it only me who sees local independents as either an ego trip or novelty act, because unless you have a good local topic with public support you're an irrelevance and sometimes a vote splitting irritant. Some of the so called  Party  candidates and their Party's, have more in common with the Magic Roundabout than anything Hartlepool needs. Finally, the one shot causes, why not try campaigning, because you'd do more good for your cause that way.... or is it just another tiresome plot to get publicity for the cause in question.
The main candidates...
The Tories made a gaffe selecting their candidate, but from what I've heard of her she tells it as it is.
Labour have brought in a political butterfly, he's bigged himself up, but if he loses, will he be staying around till the next election or like the butterfly, flitting off to pastures new and the next opportunity.
Excessive use of the word 'our' does tend to grate.
The Lib Dem's ...... they've lost the plot in my humble opinion, they can just carry on dancing around the Maypole.
Then there's the hopefuls..... ah well if at first you don't succeed, give up.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: Topcat on April 15, 2021, 08: AM
I noticed that Mk1 seems to be refreshingly absent from this thread, it's nice to see a sensible discussion without his incessant trawling through past posts to try to belittle any posters comments.

Post of the year.......
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

When does pre-mod become 'not allowed to post anything'?

mk1

Quote from: mk1 on April 15, 2021, 06: PM

Very droll. You delete 8 posts and let this one through. 

Inspector Knacker

All good things come to an end.😱😱😱😱

admin

Very droll. You delete 8 posts and let this one through.

Who's counting? ...

mk1

Quote from: admin on April 15, 2021, 06: PM

Who's counting? ...
I am. I want to be ready when it is claimed   simple statements of fact are in some way against board rules

Inspector Knacker

It's not a court of law, it's a message board.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

Oh dear, oh dear, ooooooh dear.
Maybe some gormless optimist can put a positive spin on it.
I won't hold my breath.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 15, 2021, 08: PM
Oh dear, oh dear, ooooooh dear.
Maybe some gormless optimist can put a positive spin on it.
I won't hold my breath.

Not going to be easy - a second opinion's in this (more mainstream) link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hartlepool-by-election-paul-williams-saudi-arabia-b1819597.html?fbclid=IwAR0OjCpMy55PFmuDU5CI_ldSUbjq7VmrRErJ4m9o71HFdcnpJ06rvUZM6gw

diSme

I personally am unable to see anything positive about Dr Paul.

I do find it very interesting that he popped up up in the media playing the good guy quite a while before Hill declared his resignation....
I believe everything and nothing