16 Candidates apparently.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 14, 2021, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Two of whom caught my attention and set me thinking.

The candidate for the Northern Independence or whatever it's called, the name escapes me is an ex Labour MP. Is she still a Party member?

The Women's Equality Party I am lead to understand from several people they  have offered to support the Labour Party candidate if the Labour Party meets some of their demands.
Can anyone confirm this as true?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Sorry, I don't know the answer to the question you posed IK, so I guess I'm going a little off topic here, as I'm more concerned that out of those 16 candidates, there's only one (that I am aware of) that actually lives in the town, and so far I have seen nothing that particularly enamours me with her...

Living in the town, or at least being from the town is something that I consider as being a priority prerequisite for candidates seeking my vote.

Could we make this thread a place to discuss the pros and cons of the individual candidates?
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 14, 2021, 06: PM
Two of whom caught my attention and set me thinking.

The candidate for the Northern Independence or whatever it's called, the name escapes me is an ex Labour MP. Is she still a Party member?

The Women's Equality Party I am lead to understand from several people they  have offered to support the Labour Party candidate if the Labour Party meets some of their demands.
Can anyone confirm this as true?

The answer to your second question seems to be 'yes'.

The first question's best explained via this link.  https://order-order.com/2021/03/29/battle-of-the-labour-losers/

Inspector Knacker

If the answer to the second question is yes, why then wasn't the option offered to all Parties, surely if they're also willing to accede to their demands what's the problem?
Why was the offer only made to one Party. I think it tells me all I need to know.

Inspector Knacker

She'll probably debate with the empty chair and the chair will win.

Inspector Knacker

Is it true the party was founded in Brighton...... how far North is Brighton.?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 14, 2021, 07: PM
Just been informed the Northern Independence Party was founded 21October 2020 in Brighton by a lecturer at the University of Sussex, former Labour activist .

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 14, 2021, 07: PM

Since they didn't register with the Electoral Commission in time, the party's theoretical only - she's having to stand as an independent. But ... I've heard that the far left's endorsing her claiming that they're no longer represented by Starmer's Labour. Could this be a symbol of a deeply fragmented - if not splintered - political party?

Inspector Knacker

We can only live in hope as the Horny handed sons of the soil of Hampstead/Islington v the horny handed sons of the campus open hostilities. What happened to the working class?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 14, 2021, 08: PM
We can only live in hope as the Horny handed sons of the soil of Hampstead/Islington v the horny handed sons of the campus open hostilities. What happened to the working class?

Currently on furlough?

diSme

I don't suppose anyone has a list or a link to a list of the candidates do they? With basic information about who they are, who they represent, where they live etc.

Lucy Lass-Tick

The format of the forum doesn't allow PDF files - but there's a saved announcement with all the bumf available (below the one about councillor nominations) at the top of our Facebook group which should be visible to all. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 14, 2021, 08: PM
The format of the forum doesn't allow PDF files - but there's a saved announcement with all the bumf available (below the one about councillor nominations) at the top of our Facebook group which should be visible to all. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822

Cheers, but it shows as content unavailable. I suspect a FB account is needed to view it.

I'll ask the wife to check it out for me. She's on facetube  ;)