Hill resigns

Started by akarjl2, March 16, 2021, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 18, 2021, 08: PM

Repetitive strain injury from too much keyboard work?

Have you? Can't say it is a surprise because you seem to spend a lot of your time online. I did a quick check but was overwhelmed with hits. I just grabbed a representitive sample from the last two days but there are many more I left out.

It took me about 20 mins to collect and post this and it puts my puny  efforts  here into the shade. Well done you certainly seem to put the hours in!

mk1

akarjl2

Difference is "her" efforts are worth reading.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on March 18, 2021, 09: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 18, 2021, 08: PM

Repetitive strain injury from too much keyboard work?

Have you? Can't say it is a surprise because you seem to spend a lot of your time online. I did a quick check but was overwhelmed with hits. I just grabbed a representitive sample from the last two days but there are many more I left out.

It took me about 20 mins to collect and post this and it puts my puny  efforts  here into the shade. Well done you certainly seem to put the hours in!

Difference is "her" efforts are worth reading.

Inspector Knacker

The Sawdust Caesar of politics leaves the stage.
A nation mourns........ well his follower does.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Still no announcement or explanation for his resignation, and I note that his social media presence (if you can call it that!) appears to have been deleted....
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

https://www.farorelaw.co.uk/insights/suzanne-mckie-qc-quoted-by-bbc-news-on-labour-party-failing-tribunal-claimant

QuoteSuzanne McKie QC, Founder and Managing Director of Farore Law, has been quoted by BBC News regarding the Labour Party's failure to support the claimant in the sexual harassment claim against the now former MP Mike Hill. The final hearing is due to be held at Central London Employment Tribunal in May 2021.

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but it looks clear to me why he has resigned.

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on March 25, 2021, 03: PM
https://www.farorelaw.co.uk/insights/suzanne-mckie-qc-quoted-by-bbc-news-on-labour-party-failing-tribunal-claimant

QuoteSuzanne McKie QC, Founder and Managing Director of Farore Law, has been quoted by BBC News regarding the Labour Party's failure to support the claimant in the sexual harassment claim against the now former MP Mike Hill. The final hearing is due to be held at Central London Employment Tribunal in May 2021.

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but it looks clear to me why he has resigned.

It's bordering on being unquestionable.

I guess we'll find out soon enough....
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Looks like this is ramping up complainant is now fund raising..

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/mp-harassment/

Lucy Lass-Tick

From the Daily Telegraph:

'Ex-Hartlepool MP Mike Hill 'told staff member he craved her body'
Former Labour MP made worker feel 'scared, violated and powerless', according to tribunal documents

By
Telegraph Reporters
12 May 2021 • 12:14am

A former Labour MP told a parliamentary worker "I crave your body" in text messages, according to documents submitted to an employment tribunal.

The woman, known only as Ms A, claims former Hartlepool MP Mike Hill conducted a campaign of sexual harassment and bullying against her over 16 months during his four-year stint in office.

In a witness statement submitted to the Central London Employment Tribunal, the woman, who had pre-existing post-traumatic stress disorder, said Mr Hill made her feel "scared, extremely confused, violated and powerless".

Ms A said Mr Hill's advances began with text messages, including the one about craving her body, but progressed to groping her and rubbing his erect penis against her body in his London flat.

She said Mr Hill had not acknowledged or apologised for the conduct, but that she had told him she felt "very threatened" by his actions and that he must not do it again.

She said he would frequently rub himself against her and grab her bottom if they were both in his parliamentary office.

Ms A said she did not want to tell her family about the allegations and be forced to leave London and return home.

During cross-examination at a virtual hearing on Tuesday, Ms A acknowledged that she had previously received a £40,000 out-of-court settlement from a former employer.

Mr Hill was suspended from the Labour Party in September 2019 over the allegations, but was reinstated in October of that year to fight the general election.

He resigned from his seat in March of this year, triggering the by-election that saw the former red wall seat of Hartlepool swing dramatically to the Conservatives.

The tribunal, which is due to last a week-and-a-half, continues.'

Inspector Knacker

I'd like to know what she received a  £40,000 out of court settlement from a former employer for.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 12, 2021, 02: PM
I'd like to know what she received a  £40,000 out of court settlement from a former employer for.

Makes you wonder ...

akarjl2

https://order-order.com/2021/05/12/new-shadow-minister-kate-hollern-resigns-over-mike-hill-scandal/?fbclid=IwAR1ezbaTVTv9lh1Ko6SZXrr5Ytjq_L822EqLxk8Q1FLfypGUCNdz0WCzJa8

QuoteShadow Minister Kate Hollern has quit Starmer's front bench over the current tribunal into former Hartlepool MP Mike Hill's behaviour towards a staffer. Earlier this afternoon Andrew Bridgen accused Hollern of warning him not to get involved in the harassment case after the parliamentary staffer informed him of the allegations.

In her witness statement the victim said:

"Andrew Bridgen called me to tell me that Kate Hollern had approached him in parliament and pulled him to one side. Mr Bridgen told me Ms Hollern tried to warn him off from helping me by using scare tactics. Ms Hollern said that many in the Labour Party were of the opinion that Mr Bridgen and I were having an affair and she advised him to keep away from me as it would be a shame if it got out in the papers as he had a lovely wife and new baby – Mr Bridgen told her she was talking nonsense and to go away."

During a virtual hearing today, Mr Bridgen said he was aware of the allegations and was told not to get involved. Hollern threatened him that the Labour Party would smear him as having an affair with the victim. At the time Hollern was Corbyn's PPS

Smoke...fire?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Or a plot from some sort of soap opera?