'Unamed councillor' provokes hilarity..............

Started by mk1, November 13, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

SCAB 1  demands the names of those who laughed.........!!!!

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/signs-no-danger-to-ships-1-5121860

COUNCILLORS have dismissed concerns that new signage on the front of a revamped building at a popular seaside resort would impact on shipping.

Brian Morton applied to Hartlepool Borough Council to install five illuminated signs at the Mayfair Centre as part of an ongoing revamp of the whole site, which includes huge new sports domes.

But the plans were brought before the council's planning committee after an unnamed councillor raised concerns it could potentially distract vessels using the busy shipping channel at mouth of the Tees.

Committee members burst out laughing when officers explained the reason it had come before them...........

SRMoore

Surprised nobody has named and shamed said councillor in the comments.i

not4me

Stig of the Seaton Dump

People may laugh but I have witnessed builders being made to change roof coverings because the reflection has distracted aircraft coming in to land.
(This was an Edinburgh business park.)
So maybe it was a question worth raising, but maybe before it got to the committee. 
I don't believe it.

steveL

I think it was specifically about shipping though - Wells' quip about the airport was apparently said in jest.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Maybe the councillor was taking rising sea levels into account  :)
I don't believe it.

mk1

It is a perfect example of the stupidity of (one of)the ruling 4.
Normaly the Mail  jump at the chance to give them a photo opportunity/name check  so why the reluctance in this case?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Maybe it is setting the scene to employ a manager of maritime matters so this doesn't happen again.
I don't believe it.

stokoe

bloody good job the tall ships aint coming again. :o