. . . and finally

Started by steveL, October 30, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

He's a bit slow out of the boxes on this one....... just how much did he turn his clocks back at the weekend?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/fears-merger-of-coroner-services-would-see-inquests-held-out-of-town-1-8827438
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

And next week, questioning the amalgamation of West Hartlepool and Old Hartlepool.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Remember he is busy tonight  denying he is incompetent 'seperating fact from fiction and dispelling misinformation that exists in the workforce'

I would not be at all surprised to hear him ape Trump and  reveal he has a 'very good brain'

https://youtu.be/y2lBz0532wU?t=21s

They are soooo   alike....................

kevplumb

Quote from: CAB"Numbers might be low but the people of Hartlepool when we speak to them wanted to retain it and felt if it was amalgamated, over a period of time it could lead to the migrating of our inquests being dealt with outside of Hartlepool."

yeah like when have that bunch ever listened to the "people of Hartlepool"  ????

no doubt mr hills ghost writer is scribbling away as we speak
he hasn't been in the paper for a couple of days  ;D

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

DRiddle

I suppose it's part of the pantomime that they have to at least pretend to be surprised by this. Anyone with even the slightest bit of a brain saw this and a whole lot more coming before the ink was dry on the deal to be in the combined authority. People in this 'echo chamber' have so far called it pretty much spot on. When you amalgamate something, night follows day that things within the thing you've combined together also become amalgamated, or else what's the point in doing it? Mark my words, never mind a coroners service, in my life time there will no longer be a Hartlepool Borough Council.

fred c

This bloke must be living in a parallel universe to the rest of us......

The Dear Leader said......

"It's outside of our control but I certainly wasn't going to accept something if everybody in Hartlepool was telling us that they wanted their own coroner service."

Substutute "their own coroner service"........ with...... thier own decision making authority

The vast majority of Hartlepudlians wanted a democratic referendum on the amalgamation with Tees Valley.... the Dear Leader denied the electorate the opportunity to vote on that issue.

Hartlepudlion

Spot on Fred. Politicians, especially this lot, don't like referendums as it takes power away from them and gives it to the people. Just as they don't like proportional representation.

Inspector Knacker

They're talking of 'consultation' so it's a done deal then. Bye, bye coroner.
Our very own dear leader isn't pleased ( as they appoint the Teesside coroner to stand in, precious ammunition to the Ministry of Justice to justify the amalgamation). Well he should have thought of that as he dragged us not the political marriage from Hell in Tees Valley.
Did these people not read the history of Clevelands effect on the town or are they just mugs? You took us there, you are part of the problem, YOU signed up for it, not us.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

It's obvious, guys and girls....the coroner needs to be based in Middlesbrough in order to carry out the inquest (in the not too distant future) into the death of Hartlepool!  The blonde idiot who has to have his ugly mug in the (chip) paper at least once a week, will be the prime suspect! 

Lord Elpus

Quote from: DRiddle on October 30, 2017, 06: PM
I suppose it's part of the pantomime that they have to at least pretend to be surprised by this. Anyone with even the slightest bit of a brain saw this and a whole lot more coming before the ink was dry on the deal to be in the combined authority. People in this 'echo chamber' have so far called it pretty much spot on. When you amalgamate something, night follows day that things within the thing you've combined together also become amalgamated, or else what's the point in doing it? Mark my words, never mind a coroners service, in my life time there will no longer be a Hartlepool Borough Council.

The reality is HBC Council powers will be reduced to those of a parish council, I suspect it will happen much sooner that David's lifetime and certainly within mine (should I live my 3 score and ten).

This was all predicted by a previous Chief Exec of HBC

Inspector Knacker

At the time of Clevelands break up, Cleveland was pushing for a Teesside wide unitary authority. Hartlepool was offered the 'benefit' of having a parish council to sway us into signing up. I was amazed at the time.
Step forward 20 years and unbelievably everything is signed over with pleasure. Naivety or the need to acquire even more power and status at any cost?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 31, 2017, 06: AM
At the time of Clevelands break up, Cleveland was pushing for a Teesside wide unitary authority. Hartlepool was offered the 'benefit' of having a parish council to sway us into signing up. I was amazed at the time.
Step forward 20 years and unbelievably everything is signed over with pleasure. Naivety or the need to acquire even more power and status at any cost?

From a 'bean counters' point of view it makes sense, never forget CAB AKA Calamity Chris's background is as a 'bean counter'.

In my opinion he will always looks at any issue as what in his personal best interest, not what for the good of Hartlepool

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment