31% backdated pay rise for Hartlepool Councillors

Started by jeffh, June 20, 2017, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

To be approved this Thursday is a 31% increase in allowances for our councillors which is to be backdated

3.8 The IRP recommended that the Basic Allowance of £7,792 is applied from
1st April 2017 and annual increases should be implemented for a three
year period commencing from the 1st April 2018 in line with any nationally
determined cost of living increase for Local Government employees.

no6bus

So pleased our cuts in services are worthwhile, paying the well deserved increase to our hard working councillors.

So pleased we listened and got rid of our elected mayor and reaped the £1000000's of £ of savings.

Nurse my tablets please

fred c

For me, it isn't about how much the allowances are, it's about what we get from our councillors for that money........everyday services that should be a matter of course are basic in the extreme, most of us don't want the pie in the sky bollox, wasting money on re-generating Church St for instance, is a case of spending money for the sake of it.

They can't even get the basics right, bins, dog crap, fly tipping, pot holes etc etc, they can employ parking wardens but not litter & dog mess wardens, maybe by concentrating on the small things, the big things might not seem so Visionary Important.

Almost 8 months ago, Lying Ste said in council........... look at the money we are spending on Church St.......... nothing, absolutely nothing has changed...... apart from the CAD building which has absolutely nothing to do with the clowncil.

Oy Lying Ste......... Church Street is still a sh**hole

Inspector Knacker

Will we get a back dated 31% rise in their IQ. ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

That would still leave a couple of them with the equivalent mental capacity of a cauliflower.

steveL

Only a recommendation from the Independent Remuneration Panel as yet so let's see if they have the balls to go through with it; if so, I suggest that it's paid for from Morton's business rate payments.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Raymondo doesn't seem to think it is over the top....but you never know, they might prove me and a lot of others wrong  :-[

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on June 20, 2017, 12: PM
That would still leave a couple of them with the equivalent mental capacity of a cauliflower.
Surely not a full cauliflower. Possibly a full cabbage.

Hartlepudlion

I  thought that last year CAB ignored the IRP to show solidarity with the staff and accepted a 1% rise. Or was it a freeze on allowances?

Inspector Knacker

Looks like like he's showing solidarity with himself. If Corbyn was PM his cuts mantra would be worthless, unless he backdates it.

Alnwickist

Can't afford to fill paddling for the kids to play, due to Government cut backs.

Inspector Knacker

Don't 'Government cuts' apply to these massive rises?