....but is it art.

Started by Land Phil, April 27, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

When the Balls roundabout was commissioned, the man responsible came up to explain it to us and those in the know told us there'd be loads of visitors heading to Hartlepool to view this masterpiece. They didn't.
This new novelty is in that category to me, a gimmick and of no relevance in this location.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

I think the balls is 100 times better than this and the balls is just balls.

I am surprised nobody has painted them up as pacmen.

mk1

Quote from: Land Phil on April 28, 2017, 02: AM

One December someone painted them as Xmas puds but the council sent men round straight away to remove the 'icing'. Quite clever really.

Inspector Knacker

Someone did paint faces on them back in the day. As Mk 1 said, they were quickly given a coat of grey paint, now nobody cares and they just sit there as the rusting balls roundabout. Our glorious leaders at the time proclaimed them as world class art, this from people who have trouble even dressing properly and ended up looking like a remake of the Kings new clothes as they nodded in mute approval. It would have been refreshing for one of them to recognise them as the load of balls they are. The more banal the product, the bigger the story the 'artist' weaves to deflect away from the fact that what they've created is not very good. Bit like the Tees Valley nonsense actually.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: Land Phil on April 28, 2017, 02: AM

might brighten it up a bit  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment