. . . and an 'Up Yours' from Marj

Started by steveL, March 06, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Taken from the front page

Councillor Refuses to Meet Residents  Over Seaton Car Parking Charges

A councillor has refused to meet with Seaton  residents to discuss the introduction of parking  charges at Seaton Carew. Councillor Marjorie James,  who Chairs the Neighbourhood Services Committee  which introduced the charges, has told residents not  to contact her and to direct their comments to Chief Solicitor, Peter Devlin instead.

Posting on the Seaton News Facebook page, petition organiser, Steve Gooderman said, "Cllr James has  declined any assistance from myself to arrange a  meeting with Seaton residents over parking charges,  I have been instructed to communicate through Peter  Devlin for future communication. However, in order  for Cllr James to feel welcome to Seaton may I  suggest that residents email her at  marjoriejames45@yahoo.com and extend a welcome  to her to come and discuss her introduction of  parking charges to Seaton Carew. If we can get 3500  invitations to her it may encourage her attendance. "
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

sounds to me like she has "bottled it"  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Steely Dan

She hasnt bottled it. She doesn't represent Seaton so she doesnnt give a s**t.

Lord Elpus

I sent this email to Cllr James, (she'll always be Mad Dog to me) on the 3rd March 2017. still no reply, but I'm sure she'll get round to it once she's done the hoovering round, washed up and made the bed.

Dear Cllr James,

I understand a number of Seaton Carew residents and people who will be directly affected by the car parking charges on the front have requested that you attend a public meeting in Seaton Carew at your convenience in the near future.

I'm sure you'd receive a warm welcome and it would be an opportunity for you and your Vice Chair Cllr Sandra Belcher to meet residents, build bridges and explain you vision for Seaton Carew.  On a personal note I'm intrigued to find out more about your idea that car parking charges will help address dog fouling issues.

Kindest Regards

fred c

I have had dealings with Bullies in varies guises during most of my working life, the vast majority of them gutless, when someone eventually confronts them, there a***'s fall out......the LabMob have a few of them in their ranks.

kevplumb

Quote from: Steely Dan on March 06, 2017, 12: PM
she was the chair of the committee that made the decision
so whether she gives a s*it or not she should have the decency to explain to the people affected why and /or how the decision was reached
who she represents is a side issue
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

fred c

Quote from: kevplumb on March 06, 2017, 02: PM
so whether she gives a s*it or not she should have the decency to explain to the people affected why and /or how the decision was reached

Bang On Kev..... as a committee chair she has a responsibility to explain her decision to the people affected by it, just what is she worried about ?...... her reaction, reminds me of the time various people brought up the possibility of civic action in the Mails comments section, The Man in The Threadbare Suit thought we all ment a riot....... he wanted the chairs removed from the council chamber, just in case they were used as weapons.......... funny thing paranoia MD,  ain't it

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on March 06, 2017, 02: PM

Bang On Kev..... as a committee chair she has a responsibility to explain her decision to the people affected by it, just what is she worried about ?...... her reaction, reminds me of the time various people brought up the possibility of civic action in the Mails comments section, The Man in The Threadbare Suit thought we all ment a riot....... he wanted the chairs removed from the council chamber, just in case they were used as weapons.......... funny thing paranoia MD,  ain't it

No one can wear a threadbare suit quite like Carl (I'll stab you in the back) Richardson.  Trousers always at least 3 inches too long and fat gut hanging over the belt.  Shoes never polished, (trainers in the leafleting season), dandruff on the shoulders, the classic old Labour look.

Steely Dan

Decency? You are joking.

I stick to my point. All she cares about is getting re-elected. Then she can take part in the share-out of committee places etc to give her a salary.

If you think she gives a s**t about democracy and explaining decisions you are deluded. The woman and her little gang are a disgrace to the Labour Party. And I say that as a member. I'm

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on March 06, 2017, 02: PM
I have had dealings with Bullies in varies guises during most of my working life, the vast majority of them gutless, when someone eventually confronts them, there a***'s fall out......the LabMob have a few of them in their ranks.

Thanks fred c, for that image you have now planted in my mind :o....Mad Dog's a£$e falling out!  Put me right off my dinner!
If MD and the rest of the criminal fraternity in the Kremlin think they can just ignore residents after making ridiculous decisions or stop them from asking questions in meetings, etc, and there will be no comeback, then they are even more stupid than they look.....if that's possible!

mk1

If she gets just one email a day from each concerned resident then that is her email addy finished..............not that I am suggesting anyone should do that!

Johnny Bongo

Just seen MD at approx. 6pm, top of Marlowe Rd.  'Red' hair, red coat and sitting in a red Nissan.  Wonder what her favourite colour is?  She did look a worried woman, though.  Can't possibly think why?

fred c

If it was a Quashi.... a maroon'y colour it is the SCABS...... They ferry her all over the place.

pieface

Wouldn't expect anything less when public questions are set to be banned in person at council meetings. Closer and closer to north Korea operation.

kevplumb

Quote from: Steely DanDecency? You are joking.

no, and if you bothered to read it properly I said"should have the decency"

Quote from: Steely Dan
I stick to my point. All she cares about is getting re-elected. Then she can take part in the share-out of committee places etc to give her a salary.

totally agree she is good for sod all else
well apart from making bl**dy stupid comments and giving us the odd laugh

Quote from: Steely Dan
If you think she gives a s**t about democracy and explaining decisions you are deluded. The woman and her little gang are a disgrace to the Labour Party. And I say that as a member. I'm

again I agree but as I said she SHOULD be held to account
as should most of the present administration in the kremlin their all as bent as nine bob notes
but proving it is a different matter