Local Plan

Started by admin, June 14, 2016, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Comments on the Local Plan, quoting section 10, policy HSG4, can be sent by email to: planningpolicy@hartlepool.gov.uk, or by post to Planning Policy, Hartlepool Borough Council, Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY.

Inspector Knacker

Consultations and their like, what's the point ? In reality we might as well be living in Pyongyang for all the good it does,  the only difference is in the presentation  and the end result is nothing will chznge the party line.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Alnwickist

More rubbish in that than the Seaton land fill.

admin

Another chance to shape Hartlepool Local Plan

THERE'S another opportunity this week for people to have their say on the new Hartlepool Local Plan.

A drop-in event will take place in the Baltic Suite at the National Museum of the Royal Navy Hartlepool (formerly Hartlepool's Maritime Experience) on Thursday (July 7) from 2-7pm.  A short presentation will be repeated at intervals, maps and documents will be available for viewing and Council planning officers will be present to answer questions.
The event, which is part of an eight-week public consultation exercise that runs until July 22, is a chance for interested parties to comment on a Local Plan Preferred Options document which sets out Hartlepool Council's preferred policies to guide the growth of the town over the next 15 years.
Comments received during the consultation period will be taken into account when producing the Publication Stage of the Local Plan, scheduled for October this year.
Key issues covered in the consultation document include:
• Strengthening the local economy.
• Identifying new housing sites to meet the town's future needs.
• Minimising the impact of development on climate change and reducing the risk of flooding.

• The future development of the town's infrastructure, including strategic transport, community facilities and services and hospital and health provision.
• Managing and enhancing the rural area.
• Retail and commercial development.
• Leisure and tourism development
• Protection of the town's historic and natural environments.
Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, Leader of Hartlepool Council, said: "I believe the Local Plan Preferred Options document provides a strong and effective planning policy framework that will help the town achieve its ambitions whilst protecting its most attractive and sensitive assets, including its historic and natural environments.
"It's important that all interested parties are given the opportunity to comment on the document and I would urge them to take part in the consultation exercise."

The full Preferred Option Draft Local Plan and a proposals map can be viewed and details of how comments can be made are available on the Council's website atwww.hartlepool.gov.uk/localplan

Copies of the plan can also be viewed at the Civic Centre, Hartlepool Central Library, Hartlepool Art Gallery, Headland Library, Seaton Carew Library, Owton Manor Library, Throston Library and on the town's Mobile Library.
For further information or to arrange for a member of  the Council's Planning Policy Team to attend a community or interest group meeting call (01429) 284084 or email
planningpolicy@hartlepool.gov.uk
Press release pr25928. July 4 2016.
Issued by Steve Hilton, Public Relations Officer, on (01429) 284065.

fred c

"The future development of the town's infrastructure, including strategic transport, community facilities and services and hospital and health provision"

The above sentence is indicative of the futility of these consultations, local transport is a joke, despite a £4 Million Transport Interchange, Community facilities & services have all but disappeared apart from in staunch Labour Wards & the biggest insult to the intelligence of Hartlepudlians is the Hospital & Health facilities.

They can fool some people some of the time... but they can't fool all of the people all of the time.

testing times

I was driving from Elwick to the town the other day and found myself totally stuck  at the Elwick Road/Wooler Road junction with a long queue of traffic both in front of me and behind me. It's not rocket science to see how the addition of another 2,000 plus houses off Elwick Road is going to add to this problem yet I haven't read of any plans to seriously re-model this junction. In fact, the sell off of the old Briarfields land for more yet housing would seem to have limited the options for any improvement to this junction.

Planning? What planning? This is all about money for RMW and his friends. 

steveL

I don't know how observant other people are but if you do click on the link to the local plan document provided in the council's press release then it opens up a pdf file. Take a look at the top left-hand corner of the first page of the document and you'll see the file name:

Microsoft Word - Combined Local Plan Document - final.doc

I think that tells everyone what they need to know about any consultation process that's currently underway and what the chances are of any amendments being made as a result of the 'consultation'.

www.hartlepool.gov.uk/localplan
rd - Combined Local Plan Document - final.d
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

bit of a giveaway but is anyone surprised? Any 'Consultation' is just a box-ticking exercise. There's a new one in the Mail tonight saying they're now asking for ideas to save money. I bet there's a few suggestions on here from people which you can guarantee would never happen.