'Hilarious letter' on the front page.

Started by ReturntoZenda, April 14, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Make no bones about it, if CAB, SAB and Wells do get booted out by the electorate there'll be a few Officers who'll be as happy as we will, if not more. 

In private conversations various Officers have told me exactly what they think of the SCAB's, Wells, Mad Dog, Cranney and Richardson. 

Trouble is the way the Labour Group work the SCAB's will still be going to all Labour Group meetings and trying to influence what happens within the Council.

I hope they get on the doorstep as much as possible between now and the 5th May to let people see them face to face.

fred c

LE..... as a matter of curiosity, if any or hopefully all of them get turfed out in May, would their identification for council offices be withdrawn, or would they still be able to swan around the civic as they do now. ?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on April 16, 2016, 02: PM
LE..... as a matter of curiosity, if any or hopefully all of them get turfed out in May, would their identification for council offices be withdrawn, or would they still be able to swan around the civic as they do now. ?

In theory they have no access, in reality as members of the Labour Group (Observers) they would be in as guests of standing Labour Councillors (Mad Dog, Richardson).

Foggy

Hopefully they won't have time to be loitering around the civic.  They would be too busy signing on at the Jobcentre and looking for some employer crazy enough to give them a proper job.

Oh I forgot CAB doesn't need a job, he's already sorted his 'company' out a nice new Healthwatch contract.  No doubt he will find a job for 'handsome ste' too.  ::)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 16, 2016, 02: PM
Quote from: fred c on April 16, 2016, 02: PM

In theory they have no access, in reality as members of the Labour Group (Observers) they would be in as guests of standing Labour Councillors (Mad Dog, Richardson).
Surely if such a thing happened, the title of mere ' observer'  would be demeaning and disrespectful  to such political titans. Why not an alternative term more befitting their status,  what about ' Eternal Sun God of Wisdom' or some other equally respectful term.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Shepherd

A question for the forum, with respect to UKIP!

If the UK votes to leave the EU, it will be job done for the party, but where does it go from there?

If the UK votes to stay in the EU, there is not going to be a re-run of the process anytime soon, so objective permanently out of reach, where does it go from their?

I am fairly neutral on UKIP nationally, like Jeremy Corbin, I like some of what they say, but really object to other positions, but at local level what can they do or achieve, their goals as a party are not aimed at local politics.

Maybe I am missing the point?

steveL

Quote from: Shepherd on April 18, 2016, 01: PM

If the UK votes to leave the EU, it will be job done for the party, but where does it go from there?

If the UK votes to stay in the EU, there is not going to be a re-run of the process anytime soon, so objective permanently out of reach, where does it go from their?

I am fairly neutral on UKIP nationally, like Jeremy Corbin, I like some of what they say, but really object to other positions, but at local level what can they do or achieve, their goals as a party are not aimed at local politics.

Nope. I'd say you were spot on.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

I understand there is conflict inside UKIP over  this very question. Farage wants to relaunch UKIP as an 'Internet' Party where  policy is formed by the number of emails they recieve on any given subject. Farage has seen the rise of Trump  other looney tunes outfits and sees this as a chance for him to seize back the party as his own personal property. After his 'I resign/I refuse to accept my resignation ' fiasco his wings were clipped and some of his powers taken away. He sees this as a way of getting rid of the checks and blalances and taking back complete control of UKIP.  Watch for the announcement to rebuild Hadrians wall to the Scots out!
The UKIP leader in Wales was on the telly at the weekend making a complete ar*se of himself by declaring Climate Change is not  man made.

Shepherd

Interesting post mk1. The mind simply boggles at the sort of emails the party head office will receive from its membership if it adopts a "we will campaign on what you tell us" basis.

Can you imagine it, can you just imagine what sort of people and ideas will pop up if you just open the door and invite them in? For certain every crazy flat earther and creationist with an internet connection will be pitching their beliefs and electronically howling at the moon. It will make for one hell of a manifesto but how would you sell it. From the reintroduction of the death penalty as a certainty (it might be a bit strict for littering, but hell, we run a tight ship) to the end of universal emancipation, because those women want to vote anyway!!!!.... it will all be there and it will drip with intolerance!

crisstw

It will be similar to the SNP... they'll just ignore what the public voted for & then try and get another referendum (repeat till they win)

steveL

Or...to be fair......the EU itself, which adopted that very attitude with Ireland.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: Shepherd on April 18, 2016, 05: PM
Interesting post mk1. The mind simply boggles at the sort of emails the party head office will receive from its membership if it adopts a "we will campaign on what you tell us" basis.

Can you imagine it, can you just imagine what sort of people and ideas will pop up if you just open the door and invite them in? For certain every crazy flat earther and creationist with an internet connection will be pitching their beliefs and electronically howling at the moon. It will make for one hell of a manifesto but how would you sell it. From the reintroduction of the death penalty as a certainty (it might be a bit strict for littering, but hell, we run a tight ship) to the end of universal emancipation, because those women want to vote anyway!!!!.... it will all be there and it will drip with intolerance!

Well Christianity would have to go. Common sense tells us all that there is no way Jesus was Surbiton White coming from the area he did and as for St George ....... the bloke was Greek, for God's sake, so UKIP wouldn't even let him in to the country!

marky

QuoteWell Christianity would have to go. Common sense tells us all that there is no way Jesus was Surbiton White coming from the area he did and as for St George ....... the bloke was Greek, for God's sake, so UKIP wouldn't even let him in to the country!
;D ;D  Have you told the Daily Express?

St George's Day Saturday April 23rd