'Hilarious letter' on the front page.

Started by ReturntoZenda, April 14, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturntoZenda

Absolutely sums up the biggest problem with getting shot of the corruption at the top level of HBC.  Mildly amusing as it is, its chief premise is the side-splitting conceit that our council are acting like Tories.

And therein lies the problem in trying to remove a Labour council in a Labour town.  The Labour council here couldn't get any more 'Labour' if it tried, it's in power because of generations of drones blindly voting for anything wearing a red rosette, despite the horrendous track record of the Party when in government and the complete lack of assistance given to the town from their 'party'.  I genuinely believe that there is little place for party dogma at local level, and these clowns carving up our town (the 'Mob') illustrate this more clearly with every day that passes. 

Still tho, the subconscious fallback position is that if the ruling Labour group are mired in nepotism, embezzlement and any other scam they can get away with, they're acting like Tories.  No, they aren't.  They're acting like arrogant, corrupt, complacent career politicians who are determined to shaft the town of Hartlepool for everything they can get their grubby paws on.  Dividing the opposition by drawing irrelevant comparisons just plays into their hands.

beanzontoast

Absolutely spot on Returntozenda, another interesting view might be many on this forum don`t really want rid of Labour in the town they rather like it as it is they would just like to get rid of  CAB & SAB then everthing will be ok, you know keep the red flag flying here. They tried 3 times to get rid of SAB as mayor and he left with his integrity intact, there has got to be a better way, there is a better way. Lord Elpus

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 14, 2016, 09: PM
there has got to be a better way, there is a better way.

Would that be the only Party where the leader refuses point blank to release his tax returns?
The man who was caught out a few years back hiding his money abroad  in his brothers name?
That kind of integrity?

Foggy

He may have left with his position as Mayor intact but in no way did he leave with any form of integrity whatsoever.  ::)

Infact I disagree with everything you have said above... and that is me being very polite. Remind me... What part did you play in trying to get rid of SAB?

fred c

As a user of this forum i have to say, BOT's comments are more than a little irritating, I have attended enough council meetings in the last few years to be fully conversant with the lack of any & I mean any, meaningful contribution from the 2 ukip councillors.

BOT really is deluded if he believes users of this forum are consumed by the desire to get rid of the SCABS, he has obviously forgotten the part this forum & many of its users played in the demise of Manor Residents, he also seems to have forgotten the work exposing many of the extravagant money wasting visions.

Would he care to list the accomplishments of UKIP in the local political issues of Hartlepool, I await with interest his detailed accounts of the Big Tin Shed, The Cafe in the Crem, Andersons Bakery, Manor House West, The Mattress Mountain & many more.

BOT.... remind us all again how hard you tried to get rid of SAB ? remind us how many motions you proposed against his chairing of council meetings & his inconsistencies  during those meetings ?
Did ukip councillors propose sanctions against the behaviour of LabMob councillors during meetings ?

Clue us all up m8, gives us reasons to support ukip in May, list your manifesto points openly on this forum, persuade us to vote ukip in May.

What does ukip intend to do to improve the town & the lot of its council tax payers.... Cmon tell us.

ReturntoZenda

I hope to God that nobody interpreted my initial post as somehow pro UKIP. It was purposefully apolitical. Not sure how the thread got hijacked.

fred c

ReturntoZenda...... My apologies, your post was extremely well balanced, it certainly didn`t come across as a UKIP eulogy.

My post wasn`t intended to be as anti UKIP as it came out, my intention was to point out the work done by The Post over the years, various users have had an input in their own little way, but,The Post has highlighted many of the problems faced by the town & on a number of occasions changed things for the better.

steveL

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 14, 2016, 09: PM
Absolutely spot on Returntozenda, another interesting view might be many on this forum don`t really want rid of Labour in the town they rather like it as it is they would just like to get rid of  CAB & SAB then everthing will be ok, you know keep the red flag flying here. They tried 3 times to get rid of SAB as mayor and he left with his integrity intact, there has got to be a better way, there is a better way. Lord Elpus

Truth is Tom, you can't point to anything that suggests in any way that UKIP is what you constantly claim - the answer to all things. That claim seems to be the only tune that you know how to whistle but when you're asked to back it up with some evidence of what you have achieved in the last two years you just ignore it.

I don't know the UKIP people well enough to know whether or not they are all like you and George but I hope not, because for two years you've both resembled a pair of rabbits caught in the path of an oncoming juggernaut.

Someone like Eric or Shane could actually make a useful contribution in the council chamber but when I look at you two and that nutter you put up in Seaton last year it's obvious that UKIP are prepared to stick a purple rosette on anything that moves.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

UKIP are prepared to stick a purple rosette on anything that moves.

...I don't think they are particular about the moves bit.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Land Phil on April 15, 2016, 11: AM
UKIP are prepared to stick a purple rosette on anything that moves.

...I don't think they are particular about the moves bit.

Evelyn Leck is the UKIP Candidate in Burn Valley, says it all.

mk1

Being a simpleton did not stop Dumbo getting elected and SAB is clearly a man of very limited intellect. Perhaps it  is UKIP  policy to pick the least articulate for office.  It must be a rule because most UKIP candidates are chosen from the group on the left of the IQ bell-curve!

Devils advocate

Evelyn Leck is the UKIP Candidate in Burn Valley, says it all.

Exactly!
I live in the Burn Valley Ward, my choices are

Dave Hunter (Labour)
Evelyn Leck (UKIP)
Andrew Martin-Wells (Cons)

Looks like i have no option other than a spoiled vote.

Foggy

This is all just more evidence that Councillors should have to pass a test or some sort of application process before being allowed to be nominated for election.  We already have enough useless and incompetent 'Councillors' as it is without adding anymore to the mix.

I remember at a recent council meeting there was a debate (kind of) going on.  I think it might have been about debating the council's position on the EU.  When challenged about something that he had said or done (I can't remember what exactly), George piped up and said something like "I am 74 you know". :o Oh well that's OK  ::) (Can't remember if he actually said 73 or 74 but you get my point)

Quote from: Devils advocate on April 15, 2016, 05: PM
Looks like i have no option other than a spoiled vote.
I suspect there might be a few of those.  Will be interesting to see how many there actually are on May 5th.

It's just a reflection of how desperate the situation Hartlepool has become.  The whole situation has just prevented good people who would make good Councillors from standing. I understand why the choices are limited but would it really have killed UKIP to back off in one or two wards.  Just proves they don't give a damn about the town (like they claim).

DRiddle

This election is a watershed moment for UKIP in Hartlepool in many ways. Regarding the election itself, its clear UKIP have ended up with what's likely to be the best opportunity they'll ever have in 9 of the 11 wards.

The only way the situation could have been BETTER for them would be complete lack of Conservative and independent candidates.
But that was never going to happen.

But look at what they have got right there in front of them, it's an 'open goal'.

(1) There are no liberal democrat candidates
(2) There are no BNP (which will mean the UKIP vote won't be diluted   ::)  )
(3) Many of the candidates in 'royal blue' wont be actively campaigning. 8 of the 11 I'd say.
(4) PHF have scaled back their campaign THIS year.
(5) The Green's only feature minimally and they'll see how hard it is to gain votes in a LOCAL election with no general election to help them.
(6) Of the 2 or 3 independents across the ballot slips ALL 3 have experienced defeat in the ward they're trying to win in recent years (Although KF has also tasted victory to his credit).

and, most importantly of all, we're a few weeks a way from UKIP's holy grail of the EU referendum.

Every single poll I've seen on local social media regarding the EU seems to suggest there's a very strong, vocal, large 'LEAVE' demographic in Hartlepool. That's not to say there aren't plenty of people in the 'STAY IN' camp, but it's been clear for a few years now that there is a UKIP 'presence' in Hartlepool.

It would be nice if that 'presence' could extend to UKIP's sitting councillors, but still, maybe they're just saving their voices for an important issue.... like a combined authority, the town plan, parking charges, zero hours contracts, council tax rises, education, regeneration, finance, the hospital.... you know, something important might crop up that they can get their teeth stuck into.

One things for sure, it's going to be an interesting night in Mill House in a few weeks.

I hope Richard Moss from Sunday Politics North East brings a microphone powerful enough to pick up the sound of a twitching sphincter.

fred c

A microphone may not be needed, i can think of a couple of sphincters that will be Farting like a Stores Horse.