A Doctor speaks out.

Started by Alnwickist, January 13, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alnwickist

Mohamed El Menabawey
3 hrs · Hartlepool
I am so sad to learn the news of the closure of the infertility clinic in Hartlepool. All the hard work that put the town on the medical map as early as 1989 by becoming the fist clinic to achieve such scientific breakthrough in the north east being the thirty first clinic to be established in the uk. The service has always enjoyed the support of people in town. The decision taken by the irresponsible managers was not even discussed with the doctors or even the clinical director of the department. It shows the disrespect and the disregard they have for the medical profession. The management excuse it then they can not recruited embryologist is untrue. They have blocked this appointment co they can close the service. Please voice your objection to this disastrous and idiotic decision

steveL

what's the source of this?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Alnwickist

Hartlepool People fb group.

DRiddle

I'm assuming this is the same chap?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/miracle-man-moving-on-1-1023419

If so, it doesn't say a lot about the management if one of their most respected consultant's is having a proper go at them.

Why do I think the trust and/or senior managers aren't telling us the real story?

Inspector Knacker

Weren't we told the reason they couldn't recruit staff seemed to crop up on a number of occasions when nibbling away at services ? Apparently people just don't want to work in Hartlepool, but no problem getting them to that cosmopolitan paradise that is an old hospital on a peripheral council estate in Stockton.
I see in the Mail tonight that our MP has popped up to denounce the loss of fertility services and denounces the salami slicing of services, just noticed has he ? Then he decides to play party politics and tells us services won't be returned to Hartlepool unless the government addresses staff recruitment and retention in the NHS. He then rambles on about the junior doctors strike for good measure. So it's nowt to do with the Trust and down to the government. I can't take the bloke seriously.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Alnwickist

That is indeed the man Mr Riddle, I know him well.

Inspector Knacker

According to the Mail,  'Angry council orders chiefs to explain fertility unit axing'.
Been here before, there'll be no change and the 'chiefs' will sit there like constipated Easter Island statues telling us not to worry. Would it be closing down if it was based at North Tees ?
Being grilled by our councillors must be like being  interrogated by the Teletubbies, nowt to worry about.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Foggy

Its chairman Councillor Ray Martin-Wells, said: "I have summoned the Trust – a statutory power the Audit and Governance Committee has as the scrutiny arm of the council – to explain this shock decision and unless they can come up with an acceptable rationale, I'll be recommending as chair that we refer the matter to the Secretary of State for Health."

I wonder if he would be bothered about 'summoning' anyone if he wasn't up for re-election in May.

Pity he doesn't use his position as chair of the Audit and Governance Committee to question other decisions or investigate things that should be investigated. ::)

Alnwickist

Stop being sensible Foggy. :o