A Lady who really works for her community

Started by Lord Elpus, December 31, 2015, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_exile

There will be toys out of the pram and dummies on the floor in the Acker-Bilks household this morning.

The deluded twosome, the Hartlepool Beckhams will be devastated to find their names missing from the new years honours list.

Here's hoping that 2016 brings them close to what they wish for with the "honour" of HMP after their names.

steveL

Dorothy should have been recognised with a gong years ago. I suspect that it's because she goes about her community business quietly and without thought of any recognition for it that she's waited so long.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on December 31, 2015, 09: AM
Dorothy should have been recognised with a gong years ago. I suspect that it's because she goes about her community business quietly and without thought of any recognition for it that she's waited so long.

As ever was steveL, would that others followed the same course, putting something into our communities as Mrs Clark has done, certainly beats taking something out of them.

Land Phil

Lets hope no grubby "friends" latch on to her.

Didn't OFCA have honourable roots before councillor involvement ruined it ?   

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on December 31, 2015, 12: PM
Lets hope no grubby "friends" latch on to her.

Didn't OFCA have honourable roots before councillor involvement ruined it ?

One of the most annoying things about the behaviour of some LabTor Mob members is that it Tars Everyone with the same brush, including the best of people, how often do we hear the comment "They Are All The Same".......

Clearly they aren`t as Mrs Clark demonstrates....

Personally I think posters shouldn`t even mention them on the same thread.