...and another one

Started by steveL, August 22, 2015, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I'm not sure if yet another campaign group is what the cause actually needs right now but here's their pitch anyhow.

https://youtu.be/TYXUvbf9K9A
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

The open meeting will be held at Cafe 177, York Road, on Wednesday, August 26, between 11am and 2pm.

There's a bit more here:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/new-campaign-group-is-fighting-for-hartlepool-hospital-1-7422901

seaton

Until the people of Hartlepool stop voting Labour because 'I vote Labour because my Nanna and Grandad did' and realise that the Labour Party then is nought like the clowns we have running the town into the ground along with the MP.

steveL

The hospital issue has gone on so long it's worth reminding ourselves how individual episodes unfolded.

The Hospital Trust came up with the announcement that it was to close Hartlepool's A&E Department after previously moving the Trauma Unit to North Tees. There was such a public outcry that Labour had to do something to get them over the fast approaching local elections. The answer was to push (and eventually get) a review of the decision and a Review Panel was set up which included Stockton Councillors as well as people from the Trust and the then PCT.

Our councillor representatives on the Review Panel were Stephen Akers-Belcher, who was Chair of the Health Scrutiny Committee at the time, and Sheila Griffin - both labour Councillors.

A few months later in July and safely passed the local elections, the Review Panel's report was issued which recommended the closure of the A&E Department supporting the original decision.

This is but one episode but if you look back over the last 14 years, which is how long this saga has lasted, it is littered with similar examples of Labour feigning its opposition to the gradual hospital closure just long enough to get passed a forthcoming election.  Iain Wright's now infamous stance when up against Jodie Dunn stands out as the glaring example as it was accompanied by various statements by everyone from John Reid to Tony Blair but there have been many other similar instances since - not least Iain Wright's flip-flop positioning over the years and before the last election
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Who could ever forget the town "Members" face as he turned from the microphone after having to cut short his Cenotaph speech...... It looked like a pound of smacked t**t......

He is without doubt the worst MP this town has ever had the misfortune  to be represented  by, he has turned an almost 20,000 majority seat into a marginal.

DRiddle

In the meeting on Thursday about the whitewash of the Mayors behaviour, a member of the public raised the "He signed the death warrant on the A and E" point.

A councillor immediately chirped up that this wasn't true and that such a belief had been "spun out of all proportion over the last 4 years".

I won't name the councillor as I'm trying very hard to get on with more of them. He was 'sharply' dressed as he always is, albeit in his usual 'ciro citterio' kind of way.

I'd say the suit was a good 65 quids worth, possibly even as much as 79.

;-)

Land Phil

Going on about the nylon quality of suits in the same breath as important matters doesn't help.

(£50 from Matalan in 2003)

pensionater

Selective amnesia again Stevel,Mr and Mrs Lilley were also at the meeting you mention along With Chris Simmons.But hey don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on August 22, 2015, 11: AM

Getting rid of Labour is very much the ultimate goal...................A successful campaign will only be founded on a non-partisan basis.

Very impartial!

DRiddle

Sometimes my more flippant comments are a way of maintaining my sanity, knowing I'm part of what is undoubtedly the worst administration in the history of Hartlepool.

steveL

Quote from: pensionater on August 22, 2015, 04: PM
Selective amnesia again Stevel,Mr and Mrs Lilley were also at the meeting you mention along With Chris Simmons. But hey don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I think you're rather missing the point. The Review Panel report was presented to the Health Scrutiny Forum by its Chairman, Stephen Akers-Belcher as a fait accompli and was merely 'noted'. The opportunity to change the decision occurred during the Review Panel meetings at which HBC's sole representatives were SAB and Sheila Griffin who both sat on their hands.

Oh and BTW, you missed someone out ..... would there be a reason for that?