wWaverley Terrace allotments.

Started by Inspector Knacker, March 30, 2015, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Feature  in Mail tonight about application for lottery grant. Apparently it's to pay for a business co-ordinator, volunteer co-ordinator and improvements to the allotments.
On a site of this limited size, what would the co-ordinators do and how much would they be paid ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

2 Posts apparently....

£35,000

£28,000

Nice work if you can get it.

Inspector Knacker

That seems very generous for a site that size.

fred c

hbc are apparently going to support the 5 year plan... i think they were putting up something in the region of £325,000 for the wage bill.... not sure if it was the post that covered the story or the mail..

Inspector Knacker

I'd imagine the succesful candidates would be well versed in matters horticultural and hold a suitable qualification.

steveL

Quote from: fred c on March 30, 2015, 10: PM
hbc are apparently going to support the 5 year plan... i think they were putting up something in the region of £325,000 for the wage bill.... not sure if it was the post that covered the story or the mail..

Don't be silly, Fred. It was in The Post months ago. A project championed by the new Chief Exec and allegedly another attempt to manufacture employment for the unemployable.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Yes, it was in months ago. But, I thought it would be nice to have a little update........I'm intrigued as to what qualifications will be required, surely a formal qualification in horticulture , a sort of hands on job that will require a constant presence on the site.
Titchmarsh...Monty Don........?

Foggy

I agree, they are very generous salaries for the two roles.

Interesting that is was Cranney who was 'chosen' to comment on it. 

fred c

Quote from: steveL on March 30, 2015, 10: PM
Quote from: fred c on March 30, 2015, 10: PM

Don't be silly, Fred. It was in The Post months ago. A project championed by the new Chief Exec and allegedly another attempt to manufacture employment for the unemployable.

Apologies Steven..... I broke the cardinal rule of posting, I was slightly befuddled after drinking 2 glasses of a full bodies Merlot.

Alnwickist

I personally think the Head Gardener at Ward Jackson Park would be more use than teletubby. Sure he would be delighted with 35k,more or less double what he gets now.Least he would know a poison weed when he saw one.

seaton

Two posts,the one with the higher salary should go to some one with experience and have a qualification of working with the Disabled, the second post should be some with experience and a qualification in Horiculture, that rules out any of the budding applicants. I would think that there would have to Public Liability Insurance Policy in place and what Insurance Company would touch you if you employed inexperienced under qualified personnel ?

grim reaper

Another scam in the making, for a council that bleats about Govt. cuts.
We already have supervisors and chargehands for the numerous allotments around the town, why do we need a manager and assistant for that small block of allotments in Waverley Tce.?

If fat boy is handed that, or any post, it ought to be investigated. Especially as he has been sacked for gross misconduct from a previous local Govt. employer!
Of course, until the tribunal we must consider him 'not guilty' of the unannounced, alleged offence.
All I can think of is;

"Right, this meetin is closed".

Would I employ a person of that calibre?  No sireee.

steveL

I think that the tribunal is next week in Newcastle; can't get there because of work - pity really but Tribunals are open to the public if anyone fancies writing us a report.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Anyone think the co-ordinators roles will entail spending a lot of time in the civic doing their co-ordinating......?

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Riddler5 on March 31, 2015, 03: PM
Anyone think the co-ordinators roles will entail spending a lot of time in the civic doing their co-ordinating......?

If either of these 2 get either of those jobs some serious questions need to be asked about HBC`s HR department & the councils employment procedures & candidate vetting.