Coastal Communities Fund.

Started by mk1, January 28, 2015, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30983359

36 million quid on offer and the north got:

Port of Blyth
Northumberland, £500,000 to create a modern vocational centre for engineering and offshore training, as well as training centre for water sports

Whitley Bay
£2m for regeneration including the final restoration of the Grade II listed Spanish City Dome

South Shields
Foreshore, £1.5m to improve the access and public space between the south and north promenades

Sunderland
seafront, £540,000 to create a year-round programme of events and attractions

Seaham Marina
CIC in Durham, £1.7m to creating new watersports facilities, improved boatyard facilities with 23 extra berths and improved access to the beach

Redcar
and Cleveland Borough Council, £900,000 to create a catering academy at the Pavilion at Kirkleatham

Scarborough
receives £2.7m to refurbish its market

Notice any names missing from the list?

The Great Dictator

I knew the cash was available and asked the officers to apply for £500,000 to rebuild the headland bathing pool
and they thought of every excuse in the book to say no.

norfolkngoode

Didn't expect to see Hartlepool on that list  >:(..... We don't do that sort of thing! :(

Hartlepool borough council seem to be happy enough dreaming about improving the town rather than proactively seizing opportunities and doing something about it.

I've said before, the surrounding towns, (with the exception of Stocktons poor relation Billingham) seem to have endless improvement schemes going on, while we have nothing.

We are either not interested, or we are doing something wrong.
'They don't like it up em'

not4me

HBC are too busy dealing in dreams; reality is too much like hard work.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

marky

As I have said before, sometimes you wonder if the senior occupants in the Civic are even aware that Hartlepool is a coastal town - I suppose it's true that you can't see the sea from Wynyard or Ingleby Barwick but you would think they would have at least got a map out when they took the job ::)

steveL

I listened to the catalogue of inaction over the Longscar at the last council meeting by Cranney (I think). 10 minutes of absolute drivel and not a single 'H' to be heard. :-\ How can a man survive on so few letters of the alphabet?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: marky on January 28, 2015, 04: PM
As I have said before, sometimes you wonder if the senior occupants in the Civic are even aware that Hartlepool is a coastal town - I suppose it's true that you can't see the sea from Wynyard or Ingleby Barwick but you would think they would have at least got a map out when they took the job

I once overheard a pair of access-card-swinging-from-the -neck worthies commenting on how big the pigeons are in Hartlepool................

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on January 28, 2015, 04: PM
I listened to the catalogue of inaction over the Longscar at the last council meeting by Cranney (I think). 10 minutes of absolute drivel and not a single 'H' to be heard. :-\ How can a man survive on so few letters of the alphabet?

He also seems to get by with a limited supply of brain cells ...  ;)

not4me

he's an entrepron . . errr, don't you know

Inspector Knacker

Maybe we're being prepared for our role in Greater Middlesbrough ..... and we need the approval of 'head office' in the bright new all Teeside futuree forr such things.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.