'No Wrong Doing' My ar**

Started by steveL, January 28, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I never really understood why Anderson took this to the Police. The Police investigation could only ever be focussed on whether an actual crime was committed so I'm not surprised that they found that it had not. That said, assuming The Mail quote is an accurate one, The Police 'spokesman' has gone way out of his remit in saying, "There was no inappropriate conduct by councillors, due process was followed at all times and no further action is to be taken."

The Police can decide whether an actual crime has been committed but 'inappropriate conduct' which breaches the council's own code of conduct is a quite separate matter. A bullying threat that giving airtime to a UKIP candidate would be tantamount to a 'declaration of war' by the Labour Party is not only inappropriate but a clear breach of that code of conduct.

Richardson's admission that 'Stephen does these things now and then', made as he tried to patch things up with Anderson seems to confirm the Ceremonial Mayor's status as a loose cannon.

Unfortunately, the Police result will now be used by HBC to cover up matters and the pre-loaded comment from the council spokesman prepares us for the eventual whitewash, "Although the police investigation found that there was no basis whatsoever for any action, given that we have received a complaint, we are duty bound to consider it in accordance with our normal procedures."

No one should be surprised. When you have reached a point when physical threats by councillors can simply be brushed aside with the help of selective amnesia then someone like Anderson never stood a chance.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/no-wrongdoing-police-finish-probe-into-councillors-row-with-radio-hartlepool-1-7072381
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Looks as though the comments have been removed from this article  :D :D :D

marky

Quote from: fred c on January 28, 2015, 03: PM
Looks as though the comments have been removed from this article  :D :D :D

I think everyone has figured out by now that Joy is 'back on board'. I suspect that there has been a concerted effort to patch things up on the run up to the elections. You only have to look at the way that they've gone overboard with the illusionary 'Vision'.

steveL

I thought the disappearing comments might be down to a technical glitch but no, it looks like The Mail has decided not to give oxygen to such stories. Well and truly 'back on message'.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/no-wrongdoing-police-finish-probe-into-councillors-row-with-radio-hartlepool-1-7072381
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

If there were going to remove anything.......... It should have been the less than flattering close up of Handsome Ste  ::) ::) ::)