A Job for the Boy

Started by not4me, January 08, 2015, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

I can't say I'm surprised by this but, thinking about Stubbs' recent whining about there being too many complaints, its obvious that we will be well shot of him when he finally goes. The actual report makes it pretty obvious what is going on here and who the front runner will be for either of the two jobs, that's if they even bother to advertise them. I noticed that DISC too is backing this - it's all wheels within wheels.

In the real world, someone who has been sacked for gross misconduct from his previous job wouldn't even be in the running ..... another one for Private Eye I would guess.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

fred c

Would HBC directly employ someone who had been dismissed from their previous employment for "Gross Industrial Mis-Conduct" ?

Off the top of my head i would think it "Highly Unlikely", but with HBC you can never tell.

Would HBC part fund an organistion that wanted to employ someone who was dismissed from their previous employment for "Gross Industrial Mis-Conduct" ?

Off the top of my head, "Highly Likely"

Definitely another one for "The Eye"

DRiddle

If these appointments go the way people fear/suspect they will go....... HBC may as well rip up every single rule book, declaration of interest disclosure form, code of conduct and such like we have within the civic centre.

There's a perception that we've seen unprecedented levels of nepotism within HBC already, both in the civic itself, and within organisations funded in whole or in part by it.

This could represent one of the most overt examples of disregarding due process and fairness since..... well.... since the last one.

Land Phil

We all need to register an interest in the jobs and see what happens.

notenoughsaid

I can't help thinking the fact that he has been a troublesome tenant needing eviction would be sufficient reason to deny him the job. Another case of "do as I say" not "as I do"   This is blantly wrong and the sad thing is the powers that be know it and do nothing about it. Poor taxpayers.

steveL

Interesting one this - this comes from the Adult Services Committee meeting. The Director of Adult and Children's Services is Gill Alexander who is 100% in favour of this little gem and, coincidentally, the current front-runner to replace Stubbs as Chief Executive in April.

She'll have to get passed the Appointments Panel first though but then she seems to have that one covered - the Chair of the Appointments Panel is one Stephen Akers-Belcher.

You can almost hear the levers being pulled and the cogs turning . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on January 09, 2015, 12: PM
Interesting one this - this comes from the Adult Services Committee meeting. The Director of Adult and Children's Services is Gill Alexander who is 100% in favour of this little gem and, coincidentally, the current front-runner to replace Stubbs as Chief Executive in April.

She'll have to get passed the Appointments Panel first though but then she seems to have that one covered - the Chair of the Appointments Panel is one Stephen Akers-Belcher.

You can almost hear the levers being pulled and the cogs turning . . .

No Councilor should be eligible for a position were he or she would be employed by a HBC Grant Funded Organisation, we have glaring examples of the scandalous consequences.

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The Mob

Inspector Knacker

Can someone justify spending that amount on allotments..?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

Didn't this allotment start a few years back? I seem to remember that it was an initial success with vegetable and flower plots. A year or so later it was grassed over as the residents couldn't be bothered to keep the plots weeded and planted. Apparently the first year was provided by Council and sponsor workers. Once the residents found out that they were expected to WORK on maintenance and planting of the plots they lost interest. Why repeat an expensive mistake?

Tommy

Stephen the Mayor is a hard skinned dude really, being sacked for dishonesty from a position of trust with Newcastle City Council, now he pops up as Hartlepool's answer to green fingered Alan Titchmarsh.

When out of town try telling folk how our town is run and they will think you are nuts!