Wynyard hospital alive and well.

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 24, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Despite reports of its demise...( unless my comprehension of English is at fault )... according to the trust the plans are just dormant. Either they're hoping Labour's going to come in to power next May and splash the cash ( no chance...like they didn't when they came up with the plan in 2004 in the first place ).... or this is just a Guinness Book of Records style attempt to delay admitting the bleedin obvious.
The vision of cool medical care at Wynyard will be switched off as the demolition team arrives in Holdforth Road...... then it'll be North Tees and lump it..!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

welfare69

I honestly don't think it will be North Tees I can see services moving to James Cook, personaly I would rather go to James Cook than North Tees hate the place.

I dont wish for a lot but if I could be given a wish it would be to bring services back to Hartlepool.

Land Phil

Hartlepool Hospital is receiving palliative care and North Tees is waiting to take it's place in the hospice once the bed is free.

I don't know any people from Stockton so unsure if they are with us or against us on the hospital situation, sooner or later though they will be in the same boat.

Inspector Knacker

I passed one of those shuttle buses ......... they look just like crew buses and a bit cramped..... are they wheelchair accessible and how  would a disabled person boarding such small vehicles do so easily....?
After shafting us of our services you'd have thought the very least thretrust could have done was provide a proper low floor wheelchair accessible vehocle service to North Tees... the altetnative journry for those without a car is a nightmare.

mk1

It is a well worn tactic used to supress demand and thus discontinue the service because it is not used enough.
It probably costs more to shuttle Foster between sites than they are spending on the busses.

Inspector Knacker

Surely Governor Foster uses the shuttle bus in his visits to the the  far flung colony of HartlepoolnoA&E.......?
I wonder what his reaction would be if on one of his gracious visits something untoward occured and he had to be rushed to an A&E dept....?

seaton

According to Andy Burnham it could be alive and well so he says in the Echo,he said Labour had a moral obligation to revive the project if they got back in power.Where does Ian Wright stand now, the hospital is the biggest issue in his career and could cost him his seat, didn't he have a word with Burnham before he made the speech ?

Inspector Knacker

An election's coming so 'promises' will be coming out like froth from a shaken lemonade bottle. Burnham typifyies this by promising something most people don't want under the mistaken illusion we do want it...! Do they research the background or just react automatically to events and make mistaken assumptions....... because this has vote loser written all over it.
Meanwhile the unloved offspring of the trusts ambition and public contempt continues to drag out its birth pains......or should that be phantom pregnancy...?