Save Hartlepool Hospital Facebook Campaign

Started by Phil UKIP, September 01, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: one direction on September 02, 2014, 08: AM
Quote from: fred c on September 02, 2014, 07: AM
If you think Mandy did hartlepool a favour you really need to ask yourself this............... Do you really want Wright...... well do You Punk ??????

As for Opportunists....... you mention Blair, an arch opportunist if ever there was one.

Fred, I never said Mandy did Hartlepool a favour,, where do you gt that from my comments? Where message boards like this fail is they are rarely used for any meaningful discussions but are just statements of entrenched positions and "clever" remarks. Exactly the behaviour people complain about in politicians that they never  answer a question. So I will do something different and answer your question about Wright. No I don't want him. Again I'd be  interested to learn where in my previous posts I said I did want him?  If Fred and Kippperdip could restrain their attack dog stance to anyone daring to be less than 100 percent in favour of ukip then maybe they could try answering questions rather than just applying the tactic of attack is the best form of defence? The current ukip candidate and Jodie Dunn (remember her?), both are out of town candidates who used/are using the hospital as their bandwagon to ride into parliament. Dunn failed and hasnt been seen in town since.  What is different about the Ukip candidate 10 years later!

I certainly don`t consider myself an attack dog for anyone or any party, i have become disallusioned with politics in general, however i do have a fierce pride in Hartlepool & that is my motivation.

I would think my views & concerns are now fairly well known, but my major concern is that the town gets the sh**ty end of the stick & has done for the last 50 years, we have had 3 Labour MP`s & umpteen Labour Councils on the trot &  none of them has advanced the town in any significant way in those years.

We have a disfunctional council that is led by a number of self serving egomaniacs who are more interested in their own personnal ideals,than righting the problems faced by Hartlepool.

So getting back to the UKIP Candidate........  like a lot of other people in Hartlepool i believe that we need change & the biggest change would be in electing a "Non Labour MP" hopefully to coincide with that i would hope that a change in the make up of our council would happen in May 2015.

Hartlepool becoming a marginal seat would be a bit like the town doing a bungee jump........ your not exactly sure your not going to hit the ground, until the Elastic band pulls you back up.

Who knows, but it couldn`t be any worse than the way Hartlepool has been allowed to stagnate by both the Major Parties over the years.

steveL

I would agree Broughton hasn't lied (as far as I know) but he does have a problem. When even Farage admits that UKIP are not going to be forming the next Government then any claims that Broughton makes (or any other UKIP candidate) that UKIP are going to do this, that or the other are fanciful.

Broughton's role next May will be as a receptacle for all those voters who are fed up of being taken for granted and want Wrighty out - those that think that the best thing that could happen to Hartlepool is for it to become a marginal.

Even if he succeeds, it would still be a great mistake to think that the people of Hartlepool have suddenly become UKIP converts. Someone suggested that he is using the town; I rather think it's the other way around.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

one direction

Quote from: kipperdip on September 02, 2014, 09: AMWhat is more important parochialism or principles?

Can't you have both? I have some quite strong principles, in fact my refusal to compromise them has cost me quite a lot over the years, but I sleep like a baby at night and have a clear conscience.  I also love my home town! Personally I think its important an MP has close and well established links to the seat they represent. Party hacks (like Wright) or carpet baggers (like Dunn and Broughton) are equally as reprehensible. Couldn't UKIP have found a local person to stand? Or are they so divest of talent they have to go out of town. Sad indictment of the local UKIP membership!

On the subject of bandwagons and carpet baggers........

Quote from: DRiddle on September 02, 2014, 09: AM......you have no problem with a person coming to an area where they're not from and they don't currently live.... so long as they're willing to work really hard.

I fully concur. I've been saying the same thing for years on this forum.

This from a man who was saying for years on this forum that he thought a Councillor should live in the ward they represent but then changed his position when a suitable bandwagon he could jump on came past in another ward!

clav 73

Superb comment David for those who just want to badger he Ukip main policy is the exact opposite to the statement from KD and before you jump in I am still going to vote UKIP

mk1

Quote from: steveL on September 02, 2014, 11: AM

Broughton's role next May will be as a receptacle for all those voters who are fed up of being taken for granted and want Wrighty out - those that think that the best thing that could happen to Hartlepool is for it to become a marginal.

Even if he succeeds, it would still be a great mistake to think that the people of Hartlepool have suddenly become UKIP converts. Someone suggested that he is using the town; I rather think it's the other way around.

Which is why you won't find me joining in any UKIP catfights here.  It suits me to  vote UKIP.

mk1

Quote from: one direction on September 02, 2014, 05: PM
I have some quite strong principles, in fact my refusal to compromise them has cost me quite a lot over the years

Lord save us from those who believe they have no need to compromise.

DRiddle

Bait refused Mr One Direction Sir.

My favourite comment on this thread is this one
QuoteSomeone suggested that he (Phil) is using the town; I rather think it's the other way around.
from SteveL.

That sums it up in a nut shell.

Did I ever imagine myself voting for a 'wrestler from Tesco' (albeit an articulate one) who represents the party I have little or no time for politically?.......... no.

Would I vote for whoever I think has the best change of wobbling Wright, irrespective of political allegiance? ..... yes.

Phil can bang on about the hospital or wind farms, jobs or whatever until the cows come home.

In my view he should base his whole campaign around a three word slogan.

"ANYONE BUT IAIN"

one direction

Quote from: mk1 on September 02, 2014, 06: PMLord save us from those who believe they have no need to compromise.

I never compromise on what I really believe. Almost always that costs me, not anyone else. One of the things I really believe in for example is everyone has the right to chose his or her own path to hell. So if they don't agree with me then that's fine. However, I expect the same consideration in return. Its not the failure to compromise that's the problem in most cases, its the inability to tolerate other view points. Refusing to compromise isn't the same as refusing to change your mind! If presented with a reasoned argument that I can understand and accept then I quite often change my mind about things. I used to be a Labour supporter in my youth but now wouldn't vote for them if they were the last party on earth, in my opinion the party's beliefs and values have been totally compromised, probably beyond recovery. The problem with politics isn't failure to compromise, its failure to have any principles to compromise. Pragmatism is sadly the excuse for many things.

Quote from: DRiddle on September 02, 2014, 08: PM
Bait refused Mr One Direction Sir.

Bait refused or your position is indefensible so you aren't even going to try? ;)

DRiddle

one direction

Quote from: DRiddle on September 03, 2014, 06: PM
Refused... for a second time.  :)

Well that's your privilage. After all you don't need to engage with anyone on any terms but your own now that you are elected.......typical politician...... ;)

one direction

Quote from: DRiddle on September 03, 2014, 08: PM
Refused a third time...  ;)

You do not have to say anything but it may harm your re-election if you do not mention something when questioned that you later rely on at the ballot box.

Not of course that polliticians allow little things like truth, honesty or keeping promises to influence them once the votes are counted!

;)