**CRANNEY ALERT**

Started by marky, September 01, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

"COUNCILLORS will be asked to agree the search for a new agency to provide mentoring services for Hartlepool youngsters at risk not meeting their potential."

I bet I'm not the only one having the same thought.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-council-seeks-new-agency-to-mentor-hartlepool-youngsters-1-6815803

Devils advocate

Quote from: marky on September 01, 2014, 03: PM

I bet I'm not the only one having the same thought.

Reading the comments on the linked story,
you are not the only one with that thought.

Some councillors are probably rubbing their hands already at the thought of another lucrative contract up for grabs.
If it is Cranney it will probably go bust in 6 months.

steveL

Funny that this should pop up now when I'm putting something together on the future of youth services in town - I see a potential link in the offing. HBC are contemplating contracting out their Youth Service en bloc to the Voluntary Sector. (As we now, the Voluntary Sector in Hartlepool consists of quite a few good-hearted people doing good work for nothing for organisations that are run by Labour Party connected 'paid administrators' who always seem to earn a good screw from their roles.)

Cranney will already be salivating at the thought of this one and wherever it eventually ends up, Hall will still get to be the Accountant.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

one direction

How long will it be before the dynamic duo of Cranney and Hall are co-ordinating the HBC Landlord Selective Licencing Scheme. £600 per property to check a few forms. Nice little earner going there!

steveL

It looks like this is more of a legal thing in that, having already had one extension to the original contract, a second automatic extension is against the rules and, in theory at least, the contract has to go out to tender - hence the Press Release faithfully reproduced by The Mail.

Despite all of that, the present provider, Changing Futures, which is an off-shoot of Headland Futures, seems to be the only game in town and so is likely to be given the new contract anyway.

The Directors currently listed are:

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

titch

Just messaged Ray Fowler, he hasn't been in that group for a good while