Wynyard Deal and the £1m

Started by marky, August 28, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

There's no detail here but I smell yet another rat. If this is addition to the £2.25m making £3.25m in total then isn't that pretty close to the level of cuts expected next year. I'm assuming that there's more to come on this - so hurry up, guys.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/wynyard%20deal.htm

Land Phil

(just a little nudge to say the front page links are not working for me ...thanks)

Lord Elpus

'On this occasion, the application was recommended for refusal by Officers on the basis that the applicant had failed to  demonstrate that the developer contributions sought could not be provided by the development. The Planning Committee  considered the Officer's report and recommendation, however, the committee considered that the developer contributions  offered were sufficient and that the scheme would be beneficial to Hartlepool in terms of economic benefits'.

My understanding is the estimated shortfall of what the applicant should have paid if Officers were allowed to renegotiate after a refusal was well over £1 million. 

That's money HBC desperately needs but has stayed in the hands of the developer and their 'consultants'.  No fault of any HBC Officers they have done their job professionally and offered good advice, its the members of the planning committee who 'cocked it up' in my opinion, for whatever the reason. 

brassed off monkey

There are serious & far reacing questions that need to be answered by "The Dear Leader & The TorLab Mob", local government protocols appear to have been dispensed with to facilitate the Abandonment of the town plan.

How can such a decision be struck by councilors, against the advice of the senior planning officers of the council, there is something decidedly dodgy about the whole business.

There are without a shadow of a doubt ulterior motives in the plan being ditched, its just a quetion of finding out who stands to gain most by the decision.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

"Something is not right, rife with errors from top to bottom, leading to suspicion of motive"

"If the administration knew about the problems and chose not to prevent them, then clearly something is rotten in the state of Denmark".

craig finton

So basically, a new guy has come in, been gob-smacked at what's going on and wants to know why they passed on a million quid. Come to think of it, so do I?

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/Over%201m%20Lost%20to%20Taxpayers%20In%20Controversial%20Wynyard%20Deal.htm

for fawkes sake

I'm certain that one day we will find out the full details of what was behind this deal. It reeks of corruption and of 'little arrangements'. I for one don't feel at all comfortable about some of the people with which HBC appears to be happy to do business.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

Quote from: for fawkes sake on August 31, 2014, 12: PM
I'm certain that one day we will find out the full details of what was behind this deal. It reeks of corruption and of 'little arrangements'. I for one don't feel at all comfortable about some of the people with which HBC appears to be happy to do business.

Spose it depends on wether or not you want to climb the north face of the Eiger. ;) ;)