Wynyard - The New Ingleby Barwick?

Started by steveL, July 12, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Pity the Mail missed out some of the comments made during the planning meeting. The bit-by-bit expansion of Wynyard led to comments that if we're not careful we could end up with another Ingleby Barwick. (Marjorie James, I think)

"What's wrong with that?" said Mr Wells.

The councillor has spoken enthusiastically for each and every planning application to do with Wynyard. He is far too close to the development and one day we'll find out just how close he is.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/plans-for-134-new-houses-in-wynyard-get-green-light-1-6725649
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Talking of Mr Martin-Wells, there is an awful lot of fuss over his council allowances but isn't the same Mr Wells that had various significant companies owns a light aircraft and drives a car worth the expensive side of £50K.

Maybe I am confused but if it is the same man ...would a couple of grand bother him or is there something in the planing role ?   

The Great Dictator

one direction

Quote from: steveL on July 12, 2014, 02: PMif we're not careful we could end up with another Ingleby Barwick. (Marjorie James, I think)

Would this be the same Councillor James who enthusiastically supported the massive give away of public property that saw ownership of our Council House stock transfered first to Housing Hartlepool and now gone out of town all together to Thirteen? It's OK to give public assets to your mates but not for private developers to make any money?

As regards another Ingleby Barwick, a development of private homes, then I'm with Councillor Wells on this one!
Quote from: steveL on July 12, 2014, 02: PM
"What's wrong with that?" said Mr Wells.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

I suppose the other question would be why someone who owns a light aircraft would find himself having to work as a driving instructor before giving it up as a bad job

marky