Talking politics with the wife

Started by mrb, May 22, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrb

I explained my voting intentions to my wife for the local elections. Phf was my vote and I mentioned their stance regarding the cemetry cafe and the lack of party whip. She looked at the name of the phf candidate and said 'but they're a muppet'. My wife comes across said candidate regularly in her day to day work and described them also as 'annoying'.

This begs the question. Does my reason FOR voting for that candidate outweigh my wifes reason AGAINST voting for that candidate?

clavering codhead

Name names or even a hint would do, she should attend a council meeting, it's the full blown muppet show.

steveL

Sometimes annoying is useful.  Speaking as probably the most hated man within the council's upper echelons, I know they would love me to 'go away' (I'm being polite there). However, if I had done, then a lot of things 'they' would rather the public didn't know would still be locked down in their culture of secrecy.

I have it on good authority and from several sources that Stubbs, for example, hates me with a vengeance. It's water off a duck's back to me because I am very clear in my mind what the ultimate goal is - to have a borough council that each of us can have confidence in. We're a long way from that at the moment but we're getting there.

HBC is a total can of worms at the moment; the more you look into the can, the more worms you find. They've been immune from real scrutiny for years and they don't like it when the light is shone in their face.

Am I bothered?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mrb

I would like to clarify one thing. The b in my name doesn't stand for blackwood and I am not talking about mr riddle. He's a bloody nice bloke. (Mr riddle)