10,000 houses in planning ....

Started by dowager, May 16, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowager

With no local plan, they will all be passed.

What I would like to know, because I don't know everything like many of you, is WHY ?

Others on here have said that the population shift TO Hartlepool is no more than 200 in a good year, some years the net amount of people living in town falls.

So, in passing all these houses to be built (because, they can't stop them basically), WHO stands to benefit? Apart from dodgy bungs and backhanders and new BMW's on drives, what else?

Council tax presumably .. but only if they fill 'em all
BIG money to land owners, but they're not councillors, and much of the land from what I do know is old landbank stock which has been earmarked for 20 - 30+ years.

IF the houses are built, and many of them are sold (unlikely) probably to people who already live elsewhere in town, leaving the same number of empty properties elsewhere in town ...  WHAT is the benefit to anyone .. or is there a long-term ruse, plan or dodgy scam.

I don't get it at the moment, but I'm sure many of you will enlighten me as to what on earth is the benefit of 10,000 mainly empty houses on greenfield sites in Hartlepool?

The Great Dictator

The government think we need 8000 new homes ?

That might be the case in the south but not up here..

dowager

Aaawwww, go on, answer some of my questions

steveL

Can't help you there, Dowager other than to repeat the usual advice in these mysteries.....follow the money. I think you'll find some of it in Las Vegas
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.