Hospital spins its way to oblivion.

Started by steveL, April 28, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

"HEALTH chiefs have been praised for continuing to invest in the University Hospital of Hartlepool after parts of the building were branded as like a "ghost town".

This is another excellent example of spin in action. Essentially, the remaining services within Hartlepool Hospital are so sparse and scattered now that the hospital trust has decided to move them altogether into the core building. This allows them to completely close outer buildings.

This is 'spun' as 'investment' and the Health Chiefs referred to in the Headline praising the Trust are none other than our own councillors.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/local-health/health-trust-to-centralise-services-at-ghost-town-hartlepool-hospital-1-6582935
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

I think people stopped believing anything the Trusts says a long time ago.

pensionater

It's unbelievable that this council and the trust are asking for, and getting, a pat on the back for closing down a towns  lifeline.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: steveL on April 28, 2014, 04: PM
"HEALTH chiefs have been praised for continuing to invest in the University Hospital of Hartlepool after parts of the building were branded as like a "ghost town".

This is another excellent example of spin in action. Essentially, the remaining services within Hartlepool Hospital are so sparse and scattered now that the hospital trust has decided to move them altogether into the core building. This allows them to completely close outer buildings.

This is 'spun' as 'investment' and the Health Chiefs referred to in the Headline praising the Trust are none other than our own councillors.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/local-health/health-trust-to-centralise-services-at-ghost-town-hartlepool-hospital-1-6582935

>:( Who exactly are these ars**oles trying to kid?..........

They make me sick. >:(
'They don't like it up em'

Jamescampbell78

Of course it's going to be spun this way.  The Hartlepool Mail is no longer in business of challenging those in public office.

Apart from some of the decent people I know who work there who'd be made redundant (probably happening anyway), the sooner the Mail is closed down the better.  Who knows, we may get an independent act decide to offer a decent print alternative if it gets to the point of the town not having it's own newspaper anymore but I'm not holding my breathe.

Inspector Knacker

It's akin to living in a five bedroom house and moving everything into the dining room because the landlord has sold off all your furniture.
I find it absurd that this farce is still running...stop insulting our intelligence.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on April 28, 2014, 04: PM

Praised by who.......? ... an independent body....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

dowager

Strange that  the CareQualityCommission only added OneLife in March last year?

dowager

Additional details of VirginCare's One Life