Tunstall Court Demolition Plans

Started by for fawkes sake, February 10, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

Is this the first sign of a developer taking advantage of the present lack of a local plan? And what exactly is Mr Wells' 'interest' ?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

testing times

Not for the first time we see The Mail belately picking up a story from this site but what a peculiar on-line poll question they have come up with:

Should Hartlepool's historic Tunstall Court building be demolished to protect it from vandalism?

It looks like the paper has come up with the elusive solution to all vandalism - flatten everything.

I'm off to the Civic Centre with my spray can....... ;)

marky

I'm amazed to find that the building is not a listed building when you think of some others in Hartlepool that are but it is in a conservation area which surely must count for something.

steveL

Just for interest. There's some surprising entries on this list and some equally surprising omissions.

http://list.english-heritage.org.uk/results.aspx?index=1
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

I don't see councillor wells being the type to take an interest in this unless he was getting something out of it. We can only hope that one day all will be revealed.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: testing times on February 12, 2014, 09: AM

It looks like the paper has come up with the elusive solution to all vandalism - flatten everything.

A bit like taking away a patients pain by putting several bullets into their head....!
I wonder how many executive style little boxes they can squeeze onto the site.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.