. . . and They're OFF!

Started by steveL, February 09, 2014, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

at three months to go it seems a trifle early but........

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I heard they'd been out knocking up that way. My sources tell me the bearded one has been worried since I made it clear on here that a pretty strong challenger is going to take him on for his seat.

I'm told the person I referred to will be 'going public' with their decision to run in early April. I imagine Carl will insist a lot of the Labour door knockers are pounding the pavements of the Victoria Ward between now and then.

grim reaper

Whoever it is 'going public' in April will have my vote.
I don't care WHO it is (within reason), I'm voting for him/her.  :)

After all of the lies, duplicity and shenanigans of the Labour lot, this is the ideal opportunity to finally nail their sorry asses to the mast.  >:(

Will it happen? Knowing the indolent voters (and non voters) of this town, probably not.
So we look forward to many more years of stagnation;
pie in the sky 'visions';
pay rises for Council management and Councillors 'allowances';
and constant harping on about how the Tories closed the mines/shipyards etc. But not one iota of energy and thought to stop looking at the alleged past and moving Hartlepool forward.

What's the bets 2016 sees another 'Tall ships' extravaganza?  :o  :(   :(
With the gruesome twosome at the helm, imagine how colourful and extravagant it could be.
It will only cost the jobs of another 60 employees.  Grrrrrr.   >:(   >:(

for fawkes sake

This does seem to be very early. Has anyone received any leaflets yet....surely not?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Inspector Knacker

Why do politcal nerds imagine for one minute that knocking on doors is a good idea...it's just irritating..
Are they so wrapped up in their cliquey little world that they think people give s monkeys' toss  about them and their Uriah Heep door step manner.
To me, it's just irrelavent and my only conversation consists of .........." close the gate on the way out"
Like God botherers and double glazing sharks etc, they're trying to flog me something that will cost me more than the rest combined
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: for fawkes sake on February 10, 2014, 09: AM
This does seem to be very early. Has anyone received any leaflets yet....surely not?

One was put through my letter box the other day from Paul Beck and Jean Robinson, together with the usual Labour manifesto.

The pair list their achievements as, the erection of notice boards at Clavering and Hart Village, their work with Northumberland Water re flooding at West View and their greatest achievement, finally securing a play park at Bishop Cuthbert.

The leaflets have been re-cycled !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

marky

very odd that...it's Keith Fisher who is up fro re-election come may

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: marky on February 12, 2014, 10: AM

It may well be my mistake, the leaflet was only in the house for 10mins and I ain't going to Niramax to retreive the bumph to double check !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Inspector Knacker

It makes perfect sense. There will no doubt be a Labour candidate and as sitting Labour councillors they'll be beating there collrctive chests Tarzan style proclaiming this is what they havd achieved...... political games.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I see the Delusionay Vision has spread to "The Dear Leaders" election campaigne........

He must be communing with The Gods if he thinks Labour will win In  Hart.....they are a community that wont forget the Gypsy  Issue & cllrs Beck & Robinson will be binned when they are up for re-election....

marky

Quote from: Riddler5 on February 12, 2014, 10: AM
It makes perfect sense. There will no doubt be a Labour candidate and as sitting Labour councillors they'll be beating there collrctive chests Tarzan style proclaiming this is what they havd achieved...... political games.

Of course, you're right and I should have thought of that. There's so much smoke and mirrors around at the moment it's getting harder and harder to see through the fog.

ARC86

Lets hope PHF put all there efforts into the Hard ward eh!! They may come 3rd to UKIP again.. what a joke!!