Words or phrases that ......

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 26, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

.... irritate. There are certain terms that just make you scream.....I cringe when someone refers to 'working with partners' or the over use of the word 'community' whch seems to be up there in the list of much used terms by people in public services who talk jibber jabber  while looking both smug and uncomfortable at the same time as they rattle them off. Is there a course they go on to t,alk like this, a directory of reomm:ended  phrases they are obliged or heaven forbid, reprogrammed to use......?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

norfolkngoode

How about........ 'We're all in this together'  ::) when we quite clearly aren't.

I hate it.
'They don't like it up em'

steveL

I'll throw in 'difficult decisions' - a euphemism for 'cuts' much favoured by all three main parties.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

senior councillor ...thee is no such thing, well not on the ballot paper or does it just refer to their age ?

masterplan ...half baked idea with no reasoned foundation, that is guaranteed not to happen

centre of excellence for recycling ...s**t heap

senior Mail reporter ...HBC copy typist

lets trust the experts ...we don't have a f'ing clue

world cruise ...holiday attainable by anybody on a low income

ying/yang - the balance where executives get pay rises essential to keep them, funded by redundancies of people we really need to provide services

planning permission - something granted on the back of broken promises in return for toxic waste aka ghost jobs

transparency ....a material that can be used in Hartlepool to avoid damage to the eyes from sunlight

town plan ..the document that is going to provide a new residential area with artist installations including a bridge between middleton and the headland , sorry I mean a wind turbine factory ...oops I really mean a waste land

financial opportunity to benefit everybody - misuse of taxpayers money to benefit an out of town individual or company

it is gong to happen wether we like it or not ...we are holding out for a back hander before throwing this away

he looks lovely ...emperors new clothes

healthy complexion ...Wetherspoons rash

Tall ships legacy ....yellow lines

Hospital ...place will a long waiting list for a 3 bedroom semi with garage

Contemplative Reflections ...to get drunk in the shadow of war heroes' graves

HBC Skoda Yeti ...4x4 for private use around the town

grot spot ...still a grot spot

pensionater

How about any politician who say's "to be honest".

The Great Dictator

We're all in this together = We fu*ked it up and we now all share the burden.

Strategy = A sort of plan that has never worked before.

Policy = An idea that has never worked 10 times before.

Objectors = Annoying members of the public that will ultimately be ignored.

:'(

Sanddancer

Consultation....we've already made our minds up suckers.

WhatTheHeck

'Selfie'..... picture of a prat, taken by a prat !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Lord Elpus

One phrase which I heard too often last year was from a big wig Councillor, who often tells Officers on the other end of the phone that their reply to his question is 'unacceptable' (meaning they've said no to him).  Makes me cringe, the person on the other end will already be jumping through hoops to appease this Councillor.   

The Officer concerned will of course quickly receive a call from the top of the food chain to put them straight.

mk1

Any significance in your complete blanking of the UDM man's jailing?